Having been unable to find a spouse through the "ordinary" channels (i.e., through family, friends, etc.), I thought I would try looking on this site. I've given some details about myself below, as well as a description of what I am looking for primarily in a spouse.
Some (Very) Basic Details About Me:
- I am a Sunni Muslim, and muqallid of the Hanafi madhhab
- I am 24 years old
- I have never been married
Some Things Important to Me in a Prospective Spouse:
- Love for Allah, His Book, His Messenger (s.a.w.), al-ahl al-bayt (r.a.), his companions (r.a.), and the awliya and 'arifin (r.a.)
- Respect for her parents and elders (and so, for mine as well)
- Honesty, with herself and others
- A general understanding of what qualities are of merit in and what etiquette is proper for a Muslim woman (even if she does not perfectly exemplify them, or adhere to it)
- Especially, she should not expect that I prefer her over my parents or elders
I don't care about a woman's ethnicity, age, education, etc., so long as she is a person who aspires sincerely to good character.
I am not myself a person of good character, but I believe in the way of Allah and His Messenger (s.a.w.), and the wisdom of His awliya (r.a.), even if I fail to embody it. I desire only in life to be truthful in my claim to be a Muslim and Mu'min, and to meet Allah having fulfilled my covenant to Him. I am hoping to one day find a wife, insha Allah, who understands this about me, will assist me in rather than distract me from the way of Allah, and do her best to impart the love of Allah, knowledge of His din, and akhlaq and adab of His Messenger (s.a.w.) to any children we might have.