40 Comments

Why I'm not getting a girl from here.
Just because I'm poor?
Just because I'm unemployed ๐Ÿ™„

How poor am I ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

This topic has 40 comments

Hilal ***Forums Only***

May 11, 2022 09:32

In sha Allah you will find your mate when the time is right... in sha Allah everyone will.

Abu Maryam. salafi

May 11, 2022 10:13

don't be sad bro, truly this is good for us, it's better to be lonely than to live with a bad woman,do dua , for every burden comes relief,,All praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds, peace and mercy to the Messenger of Allah, his family, and his righteous companions,

Faizzan

May 12, 2022 05:31

Itโ€™s just a funny post , why didnโ€™t people get it ?! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

Abu Maryam. salafi

May 12, 2022 06:49

Why didn't you say he was funny, then let's cry together because I'm also very very poor,๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ-and no one wants to be my wife because of my poverty ,,๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

danielx101

May 12, 2022 07:24

Assalamualaikum,

Why don't you get a job so you can get the things you want in life? A Muslim woman wants a strong man to protect, lead, support, and keep them on right guidance, not a cry baby. These are queens who deserve that and more Allah willing.

wa salam.

Abu Maryam. salafi

May 12, 2022 07:38

Daniel do not forget that the wives of the Messenger of Allah and the sahabs peace be upon them were also queens, and being queens they lived in poverty, starved, were on the run, it's just that times have changed and today's queens are no longer the same))

Leena

May 12, 2022 18:44

Thanks Daniel.
So many men donโ€™t get it.

Precious

May 12, 2022 20:17

@danielx101

Finaly a true man, thank you.

Abbas

May 12, 2022 20:27

I think men should at least be employed so you can support your wives and family, ps I know your joking ๐Ÿ˜‚

Abbas

May 12, 2022 20:28

@Leena how does a femanist wa t a strong man? I thought you people where 50/50 everything shared? You can't have it both ways.

Leena

May 12, 2022 21:24

Abbas.. I donโ€™t even know you. Have we had a conversation before?

Amir

May 13, 2022 03:11

This is when you say, I'm poor, not. But not rich either!

Abu Maryam. salafi

May 13, 2022 10:54

thank you Daniel, thanks to you, we found out which of the women of this site is not ready to live in poverty, and will throw her husband in the trash if he suddenly remains without money, )). the naked person is especially happy))

danielx101

May 13, 2022 11:06

If a husband can't support his wife financially then that is a permissible reason for divorce:

"Muhammad Najeeb al-Muteeโ€˜i said in his Sharh (20/169):

If it is proven that the husband is no longer able to spend on her, she has the choice of three options: she may annul the marriage; she may stay with him and allow him to be intimate with her, and it is her right that she should spend on her whatever he is able to spend; or she may remain married to him, without having to allow him to be intimate with her โ€“ rather she may leave his house, because allowing intimacy is only obligatory upon her when he spends on her maintenance, but he is not doing so in this case, but she is not entitled to maintenance when she is keeping herself away from him, because maintenance is only enjoined in return for allowing intimacy, but in this case she is not allowing him to be intimate with her. End quote."

See fatwa: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/245408/if-the-husband-refuses-to-spend-on-his-wifes-maintenance-is-it-permissible-for-her-to-refuse-to-share-his-bed

Abu Maryam. salafi

May 13, 2022 13:07

Daniel, of course, you are an educated brother, but I don't think you will be pleased to hear from your wife the fatwa that you brought, at a time when you will be left without money,

At the time when Ali (R.A.) wooed Fatima, he was poor. He didn't even have anything that he could pay as a mahr to Fatima. He himself tells about it like this: "I informed the Messenger of Allah (R.A.) of my desire to marry his daughter, but warned that I had nothing that I could give her. Then the Messenger of Allah (S.A.V.) asked me: โ€œWhere is the chain mail called al-Khutamiya that I gave you?โ€ When I replied that she was with me, he told me to allocate her as a mahr to Fatima." It is reported that Ali (R.A.) paid as mahr Fatima a chain mail, which became part of his trophies at the Battle of Badr.

Fatima's dowry, which she brought from her father's house, consisted of a velvet bedspread, a leather pillow with a palm fiber filler, two hand mills and two leather water vessels. Ali (R.A.) tells us about what his property was on the wedding day: "When I married Fatima, we had no other bed except one sheep's skin. At night we used it as a bed, and during the day โ€“ as a carpet to sit on it. At that time we didn't have any servants either." Asma binti Umais (R.A.) tells about the poverty of the newlyweds: "When Fatima and Ali got married, I prepared their bed. Palm fibers served as their bed. Ali arranged a treat in honor of the wedding. To do this, he pledged his chain mail to a Jew for one and a half bags of barley."

I do not think that any of the women of this site will be able to live as the daughter of the Messenger of Allah lived,,and will accept such a dowry

danielx101

May 13, 2022 17:29

We don't live in a world where we get what we like, if I was in that situation I would accept Allah's decree, I obviously wouldn't like it, but that is her right and we cannot judge people in Islam, we can advise.

Nor am I saying that a woman should be choosing their husband based on wealth, but bare minimum is to be able to support the wife financially, which, though Ali (ra) may have been poor, was able to do.

The fatwa quoted is talking about a husband unable to financially support the wife reasonably. The example you provided does not match.

Yes I agree the dowry shouldn't be extra-vagant.

No Photo

A-Y-E-S-H-A

May 14, 2022 14:51

In Islam, a husband is supposed to provide for his wife and family. The husband has no right on the money earned by his his wife. IF she wants to help out financially, she may do so and receive blessings for her deed; but is NOT obligated to do so. Stop making excuses, and stop being lazy. Stop looking for a sugar mama. Your papa can only provide for you so long. So grow up and be a man not a crybaby! Why they hell would a woman want to live with a loser who cannot even fulfill their BASIC Islamic duty as a husband?!

No Photo

A-Y-E-S-H-A

May 14, 2022 14:53

FYI providing has nothing to do with dowry so kindly do Not use them interchangeably. We are talking about apples not oranges! Enough with the excuses drama queen!

Haider

May 14, 2022 16:15

Poor pockets can be filled
But poor heart have no solutions except disaster also 50/50 chances

Az-Zubair

May 15, 2022 03:50

My brother in Islam married a true Muslima. Know what she asked from him for Mahr? For him to memorize Qur'an. For him to memorize Qur'an! OH sisters fear Allah when you ask for your 10000 American.

danielx101

May 15, 2022 04:52

@Az-Zubair, that is indeed a noble sister, but we can't shame women for asking for a Mahr of money or property. Even the sahaba gave property as Mahr. Not everyone can be like Fatima bint Muhammad (raidyallahu anha).

It is their right, perhaps they need the money, they don't really need a reason. The Mahr does not define their value though which should be noted.

Hilal ***Forums Only***

May 15, 2022 09:56

Bismillah

Abu Maryam
"I do not think that any of the women of this site will be able to live as the daughter of the Messenger of Allah lived,,and will accept such a dowry"

Of course no woman on this site will be able to live as Fatimah the daughter of Rasool SAW and the wife of Ali RA did.

SubhaanAllah... there are no Fatimahs here... and believe me... there are no Alis amongst the brothers here. How can anyone else on earth possibly compare to any of them?

May Allah SWT guide us all, Ameen

Haider

May 15, 2022 12:46

@Hilal forum
Very truth and reality
If there is Ali
Fatima will come but sad there is no Ali and even many people don't know virtues of Ali may Allah please with him

Precious

May 15, 2022 15:25

"there are no Alis amongst the brothers here" EXACTLY

They complain about how there are no Fatimahs, when they are nothing close to Ali RA

Abu Maryam. salafi

May 15, 2022 18:03

@Aye-sha,---the word luck, the words of kafirs, there is no luck or failure in Islam, there is predestination in Islam, you should not react so emotionally to the poor)))

Abu Maryam. salafi

May 15, 2022 18:07

I don't need a woman who will be with me for money and I'm sure no normal man will live peacefully with this woman knowing that she will throw you at the first symptoms of poverty,))) Our prophet with a.s. and his righteous companions were not loved for their money, they were loved for them, for what they are ,

No Photo

China

May 15, 2022 21:04

Lots of people marry because the love each other, it's the natural way.

Farid

May 16, 2022 04:34

Clearly, most people failed to see the sarcasm here.

Amir

May 16, 2022 04:40

Most just went by the title. They haven't got the time to play a head shrinker as head can be as vast as the globe.

No Photo

A-Y-E-S-H-A

May 16, 2022 05:46

@Abu Mariam I can see you love innovating and twisting what people type- nowhere did I mention the word โ€œluckโ€ yet you make me akin to kafirs. The only kafir is you making problems for others on this site. You fabricated what I said to to make yourself look so pious! Youโ€™re a liar. It must be a real misery to wake up looking at yourself in the mirror and hating everyone in the world. You obviously missed my point if the โ€œIslamic dutyโ€ of a husband and a wifeโ€™s rights. Quite being a donkey and read what is typed. Do us all a favor and seek psychiatric help- such hate, such a mindset is scary and people like you bring out beautiful religion a bad name. Instead of taking your anger on others, take it on yourself for being a loser! And quit justifying being a loser is acceptable- you are nothing near the companions of them Prophet (PUBH) so quit justifying your failures using them as examples. Allah helps those who help themselves- sitting around and collecting a check from the government is no different than begging and those types are the worse and looked down upon by Allah; but you should know that right?

Abu Maryam. salafi

May 16, 2022 06:35

@ Aye-sha this is your personal opinion, and fortunately it does not change anything)) calm down))

Hilal ***Forums Only***

May 16, 2022 06:52

Haha Farid,

I knew it was his sarcasm, but wanted to encourage nonetheless.

Faizzan

May 17, 2022 15:33

Hilal. ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

Faizzan

May 17, 2022 15:34

@abu . Yea let's cry ๐Ÿ˜ญ together

Abu Maryam. salafi

May 17, 2022 16:44

๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

No Photo

China

May 17, 2022 20:48

Sarcasm is a form of mockery or a form of contempt. Be wary of it.

Faizzan

May 17, 2022 21:21

China,,, whatever you think ๐Ÿคฃ

No Photo

Oneday

May 19, 2022 08:37

You know what the vows of some christians are upon marriage? " Together through sickness and in health, through poverty and wealth..." and so on.

And we as Muslims nowadays cant even match upto that. Sarcasm aside, according to the comments here a wife married to a husband for 10years with several children should immediately apply for a divorce the moment the husband loses his job because of any reason. Nice.

Secondly the most important point to note is that wealth is "ONE" factor to consider. Here it seems like its the only factor.

If that were the case all of the poor people in the world would die alone. And yet i know A LOT people here in UAE who are really poor but married while the huband struggles here while the wife struggles back at home.

I think they are better than those who, especially women, would rather stay single and poor than marry someone poor. At the end of the day, in the words of a reputed person "Get ready to grow old and die alone."

Abu Maryam. salafi

May 19, 2022 08:49

beautiful words, I completely agree

Faizzan

May 19, 2022 11:44

One-Day โ€ฆ beautifully explained

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.