Helahel

Is hypnotherapy permissible in Islam?

No Photo

Is hypnotherapy permissible in Islam?

Leena Created Nov 21, 2021 02:27
4 Comments

I want to get hypnotherapy to change my mindset (just to become more positive in life) but I want to know if it’s ok in Islam? Also, even if it’s ok... is it safe?

This topic has 7 comments

Samer

Nov 21, 2021 20:06

Interesting to hear someone talk about hypnotism. I can't tell you for 100% that is halal or haram but I think it depends on who will give me the treatment cos I know a lot of hypnotherapists are using that for other purposes especially male therapist and I personally never use this kind of treatment. I'll never take it as a save thing cos manipulating your mind, is not a game, you may lose your mind and end up begging on the street or much worse then that.

If you tell us a bit about yourself, why you think that you are not really positieve in your mind? When I talk about things in life, people may think, he is negative but in reality I am honest and very realistic so this is not about positieve or negative mind. I think people sometimes get confused and understand positiveness with optimism and negativeness with pessimism. They forget the realities and logic. What you think?

No Photo

Leena

Nov 21, 2021 22:10

Ya, I think I agree with you. I just want to be a more optimistic person and enjoy the life as it is.

Samer

Nov 21, 2021 22:45

Well, I always try to be optimistic but sometimes life is too hard on us, we can't be optimistic when the reality is bad. For example, imagine you want to see your future husband that he lives in another country. The reality is, you will never be allowed to enter his country cos you are not vaccinated but you will say, be positive /be optimistic, everything will be alright, this has nothing to do with optimism or positiveness. You need to be realistic. Some people say, keep laughing and life will smile back at you, bulls..t, this will never work with me.

I can lead you to something and this might lead you to understand life more and bring something to your life but I can't make you more optimistic about the bad world that we live in. Try to be busy with things you like, search for hobbies you love and try to exercise that. In the beginning you will be a bit confused about your new hobby but when you understand everything, you will enjoy that. Try gardening, I know you will say, Canada is cold, okay how about indoor gardening? If you have one small room, use that, you will see Allah's miracles in the plant world, that is joy and I am sure this will add optimism in your life.

No Photo

Deleted User

Nov 22, 2021 22:45

Salaam Lenna,

May I ask what the problem with your mindset is? Last year I was struggling to find motivation, I came to a conclusion that I had no real direction in my life.. Do you know where your life is heading? or where you want it to go?
Life is so strange, early 20's I was flying through life with no doubts, now I find sometimes I'm doubting myself, I suppose that's just all part of life.

May I offer a suggestion? I'd honestly tune out of mainstream and social media, focus on yourself and deen.. maybe you need to take your life in a redirection.

No Photo

Leena

Nov 23, 2021 02:06

I have been feeling kinda anxious and scared....basically feeling negative. So, I want to change that and was hoping hypnotherapy could help me.

No Photo

Deleted User

Nov 23, 2021 03:13

Maybe you should visit your GP, when I was younger (early 20's) I suffered from anxiety/ panic attacks, it was so bad that sometimes I'd pass out. I was referred to a psychologist who gave me coping strategies to deal with anxiety, we also talked a lot about my past ect... It's often something in your past that is triggering you to sufferer these episodes.

It might not cure you but it gives you strategies to help you cope and it often gives you a reason as to why you are suffering anxiety/fear.

No Photo

Deleted User

Nov 23, 2021 03:21

I'm probably going to get a lot of s**t for saying this but don't just pray to Allah to hope it goes away, it won't. Anxiety, fear and low mood can be serious so it's best to seek help from someone who is trained to deal with these problems.

A psychologist or councillor would be worth a shot. You don't have to tell anyone, just go for at least one session to get a feeling for what it's like. My experience was very good.

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.