Helahel

Need Hijrah Advice

No Photo

Need Hijrah Advice

Moving to Turkey Created Oct 23, 2021 16:00
12 Comments

Selam Aleykum,

I am planning on moving to Turkey this summer. I am born and raised in USA but originally from Turkey. I don't know which city to move to though as Turkey is so big and beautiful and I like so many places there.

Can you suggest me a nice place to raise a family in Turkey or any other Muslim country?

Please provide me any other Hijrah advice too.

This topic has 15 comments

Amir

Oct 23, 2021 16:46

As someone who wandered the world, my advice would be to stay put. It's not easy to make it abroad unless you at least grew up there or have some caring relations there. Even if you have some savings, you'll just end up running dry and returning.

In dark days of Obama, many Americans moved abroad, many taught English and lived in hostels to survive in places like Ukraine where they also hoped to find someone. Visa sponsorship was too bureaucratic and expensive so they had to cross into Poland every 90 days to return with a fresh visitor visa.

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 23, 2021 18:01

Khurasan e buzurg is the endtime heaven.its not easy but it's better

Samer

Oct 24, 2021 00:23

It is autumn in Europe, so you mean next year? You are Turkish, ins't any Turkish guy in your place? Anyway if you have 50 thousands dollar you can buy a nice house in a good city there.If you have 30 thousands you will find a god house in a far away places there. Turkey is the only country right now accepting foreigners to buy a house in there and you can settle permanently. To take any step you have to travel there and contact the locals. Above all you have to know all the laws for someone like you, settling in another country is an investment so you need to know everything. It will be more secure and easy if you have Turkish nationality. For the Arab golf countries will be not that easy but you can try North African countries. Here are plenty of Moroccans, you can ask them too. You can check out their embassy websites and read about emigration policies. If I was you, I will choose a country that economically and politically stable, right now Turkey is the only option for couple of years. But I can guarantee you only one country that the west will not make war in it for the next 20 years, the Sultanate of Oman.

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 24, 2021 06:34

Sultanate of Oman is right now on its way to become a Zionist colony. And similar to it those who bow down to the Zionist authority in fear of an Arab Spring.

bugenvile50

Oct 24, 2021 13:17

Are your parents still hold Turkish citizenship ? If they are, then you are Turkish by parental line. You can have TC kimlik (Turkish identity card) I'm sure you can ask the TR consulate or embassy there. You do know that Turkey allows dual citizenship ? Many American of Turkish parents or even just one TR parent have TR citizenship, too. If you have TR citizenship, u can just move there, get a job or start a business. Your spouse if she is not Turkish citizen will have to apply of residency. Your children will automatically be Turkish citizen like you.

As for city to live, it depends on what you are looking for. If you look for a conservative city to raise a family then Konya can be your choice. The drawback is that the city is cold in winter and people still use coal to heat their houses/apt. so the air can be dirty.
If you are looking for a mix of consevative and modern city, Antalya can be your choice. There are very touristic areas there but also conservative one.

bugenvile50

Oct 24, 2021 13:24

As I'm saying, Antalya can be a good choice but finding a good school for your children could be a challenge. But if money is not an object to you, then there are plenty of good private school there.
U can look at Ankara or Istanbul if you dont mind the crowd and all the typical headache for a big city.
BTW, I have lived in Antalya for over 10 yrs. I enjoyed my time there. The city is friendly to whatever life style you follows, conservative, modern or in between. & if you speak Turkish, then you should be OK. Good luck

No Photo

Salim

Oct 25, 2021 02:28

If you know anybody there then go as turkey gives tourist visa easily and renew it easily, however if u have no one there u will be like a goat surrounded by lions so i advice to move to Malaysia or indo or some Arabic country

Amir

Oct 25, 2021 02:44

Yeah, like Abu Dhabi or Dubai, $1,000 per month for one room in an apartment so typically 10 men to a room to make it affordable in order to send money to their miserable families back home. Can't use kitchen though because a family living there too. No free parking. Hot as hell 10 months a year. Here, I have a 4 bedroom house on 1/3 acre lot and I live alone.

Salaries? I met an African guy (looked like a movie typa black) who came looking for work. He went to the famed Burj al Arab hotel, who agreed to hire him for 1,500 per month. "Is this in dollars?", he asked. "No, dirhams", was the reply ($408). Malaysia is same way for wages and has raised the capital amount significantly for a business visa.

Amir

Oct 26, 2021 19:14

In Madrid, apartments at the end of metro line were 800 euros per month. There was a 2 bedroom apartment occupied by 2 Ukrainian couples plus a single guy in living room. These women behave when they are with their own kind, but as soon as they look at a foreigner, they want him to do everything, like the Russian girl I was seeing and first met in Moldova. There was another 2 bedroom apartment with 2 couples and a woman living in walk in closet. Things were already bad in Spain even in 2007.

No Photo

Leena

Oct 26, 2021 20:48

Above comment sounds a bit sleazy but I could be mistaken lol

No Photo

Deleted User

Oct 28, 2021 00:53

As ~ Salaam Alaikum

Brother, may I ask if you have a job lined up or you have finances to support your stay? I wouldn't move to another country on a whim...
You really should plan ahead of your visit! Especially with all the covid restrictions that are taking place.

Amir

Oct 29, 2021 03:24

In UAE, it costs $14,000 only on paperwork to start a company, including paying sponsor who is legally 51% of your business owner, business license and visas plus you're required to rent an office. Every year business licenses become more limited in scope. Here I can go to State office and pay $50 and return with LLC or INC, which in Morocco lawyer charge $5,000 euros for.

Farzad

Oct 30, 2021 20:19

I think izmir can be good and cheap

Amir

Oct 30, 2021 22:25

This is before the pandemic. Hotels in Istanbul only offering one bed sheet (no top covering). They said they weren't making any money because rents and electricity were so expensive. I was coming from Georgia (country) and needed laundry bad. Went to laundromat and was shocked by their prices which weren't by the load but by the piece. Syrian refugees were complaining left and right: In Syria we worked only 6 hours a day and fed the family. Here 12+ hours a day only to get by.

I'm one of very few who saw Mount Ararat from 3 sides - Iranian, Turkish and Armenian.

Amir

Oct 31, 2021 22:41

Sultans' harem in Topkapi palace was the best qiality with fireplace in every room. There's a portrait of every Ottoman monarch on a painting there, with faces starting as red, wide and Mongol and evolving into long, narrow and fairer faces thru their harem. But nothing in quantity as large as 3,000 women of the Forbidden City in Beijing. It's better known, but if you visit there, there are little known but better places to visit, such as the Summer Palace and Dongxi mosque built in 996.

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.