Helahel

Poll: Hair length preference

Poll: Hair length preference

Soniya Created May 24, 2021 07:46
43 Comments

What hair length do majority of guys prefer on women?
Short—-like a French bob or long bob.
Medium—- shoulder cut to mid back length
Long—longer than mid back.
I personally don’t think it matters as long as it is styled/coloured and cut nicely.
But I am curious.
Thank you for your answers
Please once you answer this... can you please kindly state your ethnic background/nationality if you can.
I posted this question because it will be nice to hear different view points and maybe there are some ladies like myself wondering this. Just like some women prefer clean shaven men and some with a beard.

This topic has 45 comments

Waka1989

May 24, 2021 08:25

I guess in relationships hair not big matter important is respect understanding care and love and more close to deen

HereAndAfter

May 24, 2021 08:50

Thanks for the message sister Soniya.

The type of hair I prefer Is covered hair firstly. Secondly it depends on the person’s style/body etc. But to be honest hair isn’t the main priority.

Mixed black/arab - brit

Muslim man

May 24, 2021 09:21

Not short hair but medium length or long hair

Arfan

May 24, 2021 09:23

It’s entirely up to you what ever makes you comfortable and has an positive effect on you

Mohamed

May 24, 2021 12:22

This is part of her trick plan

Don't answer...

Faizzan

May 24, 2021 15:06

Whatever hair style,
But she must not be Bald.

Oh I'm from very backword country.
Small city, small mindset,
Bla bla bla

Samer

May 24, 2021 21:52

I usually like long and thick hair but I hate to see hair in the women's nose, I will lose my appetite for a week, as long as I keep remembering that image, I may lose weight too.😂

Here in Holland all Dutch women keep all the hair in their faces, I hate seeing that. I have a niece her son got addicted to women's hair, now he can't sleep without having fake hair with him.

Soniya

May 25, 2021 00:25

Ok I was expecting more answers but thank you all who contributed.
Results:
Short hair preference: 0
Medium hair preference: 1
Long hair preference: 2
No specific preference: 4

Simplymuslim

May 25, 2021 02:30

It is just hair at the end of the day. The interior of the person matters more to me personally.

Brit Pakistani

Ayhan Ali

May 25, 2021 03:02

I dont think it matters, as long as she's pretty inside and out is what counts

Soniya

May 25, 2021 04:14

Some one messaged me because he was not comfortable posting on the public forum:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

I hope you and your family are doing well.

I am normally not a public forum kind of person but I can answer. To be honest it does not matter as long as its feminine. I have long hair but to Sunnah. Men hair can't be below the shoulder and womens should be. So naturally longer hair is nicer and more feminine.

I am British Pakistani.

All the best with your search and stay safe.

No Photo

Omar_X

May 25, 2021 04:29

Medium hair length

British Somali

Abdo

May 25, 2021 06:23

i am fine with all styles whether short or medium or long.
But my major concern is morality and conduct.

Soniya

May 25, 2021 09:48

Another message I got. He wasn’t comfortable posting on public forum here.

“I would say long hair as it suits women”

Faizzan

May 25, 2021 17:46

If she has SHY in her face.
She is most beautiful,
Hair size doesn't matter.

Soniya

May 25, 2021 21:08

Another message I got:
“I prefer long hair but don’t mind. I’m Spanish but born and raised in London”.

Soniya

May 25, 2021 21:10

Another message I got:
“I would want my wife to have hair just below shoulders. Dyed in streaks of brown and blonde.”

Soniya

May 25, 2021 21:26

Another message I got:
“I can’t speak for the majority of guys but I feel the same way you do—it doesn’t matter to me as long as it’s styled and cut nicely... But if you want my preference, it would be medium to long...not into the whole French bob look.
I am Indian, born in South Africa.
Hope this helps your survey.”

don

May 25, 2021 22:32

Well, It's some story bare with me.
We Asians like long to medium cut. We see is so feminine. There is ancient tradition that played my great grandma time. They check entire body before marriage. I mean everything including the packs, reason is to be sure she is what she is. After all Allah has given chance to women to cover themselves with hair at Judgement day. I see it's blessing having long or medium. It's also showing me that she loves herself. But having hair like men short spikes, comon. Where is the hair I will help dry after she showered ?

With regards
Asian Norwegian dude

Soniya

May 25, 2021 23:44

Updated results:
Short hair preference: 1
Medium hair preference: 6
Long hair preference: 8
No specific preference: 6

Talah

May 26, 2021 02:45

Unbelievable 🤦‍♀️. That's why Muslims always behind

Soniya

May 26, 2021 04:45

^No one is forcing you to participate if you don’t like this discussion. This is a matrimonial site after all, so this topic is not inappropriate. Many people have a preference. Just like how some girls prefer clean shaven men vs bearded men.

No Photo

Deleted User

May 26, 2021 11:53

Every one own idea but i think long hair i like

Mohammed AbdelShafi

May 26, 2021 16:08

I prefer long hair
Egyptian

hs555

May 26, 2021 20:53

It just depends on the woman and how she looks. Some women look good with short hair, some with medium and some with long. If I absolutely had to pick one then probably medium. But it just all depends on the woman.

I'm American and mixed (black & white)

Faizzan

May 28, 2021 03:29

Talah. I'm agree with you

Abid

May 28, 2021 04:44

Medium is better

Soniya

May 28, 2021 05:32

Updated results:
Short: 1
Medium: 8
Long: 10
No specific preference: 6

Bin E Adam

May 29, 2021 21:25

Being a Muslim, I would go for long

No Photo

Deleted User

May 30, 2021 20:22

I believe a muslim woman should not have her hair styled like manly styles. In matter fact it's one of the forbidden acts that might cause her to be cursed from Allah's mercy. So to stay in a safe side a muslimah should always try to maintain her hair length under her ears, like the prophet's wifes did, peace be ubon them

Faizzan

May 31, 2021 03:46

Soniya. Why did you write " Other" In your religion column?
Are you not muslim anymore?

Soniya

May 31, 2021 06:01

^lol what kind of a question is that?
Of course I am muslim.
Maybe the reason it says “other” in my profile is because I didn’t put Sunni or Shia.

Abdullah_Ali

May 31, 2021 10:28

Selam, i think hair length is not so important but but, if it suits, i prefer short hair. For example, i think Anna Torv looks better in Mindhunter than in Fringe.

Faizzan

May 31, 2021 18:44

Soniya. You are very complicated woman

Soniya

May 31, 2021 20:15

Abdullah, I really love Anna’s hair in mind hunter.

Mohamed

Jun 1, 2021 07:39

if your focusing on hair, and this is your priorities

Inshallah Allah will bring a new people, with more value to give to Islam, and actually have some dignity....

Talah

Jun 1, 2021 23:10

Thank you Faizzan

Hassan393

Jun 5, 2021 06:55

Does not matter what hair does a woman have as long as you have love, compassion and understanding. What about the girls who are suffering from Androgenetic alopecia. They cannot use wig at home. Trust me, when you start liking someone you forget who they are and how they look. When you start to hate someone, you can not give reasons if they are physically attractive.

TanveerK

Jun 7, 2021 00:18

Tho short hair look cool aswell on everyone these days , honestly speaking....

But being in the spotlight for trendy Norms is NOT an ideal Muslimah for me & I guess for majority others aswell... And if any gender wanna be an icon for world as in 'spotlight' , being celebrity or a fashionista then am afraid to must tell them their at wrong forum to be ....... (Generally speaking)

And yet if it's for only Her happiness, and if she is keen with her actions on religion aswell then Honestly it won't matters, even if she willing to go even bald yet within a Hijaab or do whatever makes her happy; but within Islamic laws then it's even more convincing ...

Also these days it's even harder to find someone loyal, bold minded and good at making understandings .... For me these are most precious and attractive in opposite gender , even be it family or friend ... It's just getter rare ... **Deep breaths**

Ethnicity : Asian.

KHAN

abbas.ali

Jun 8, 2021 05:36

As always I would answer this straight from the heart too! I personally prefer mid back hair length as very long hair from head to foot would look weird and shoulder cut would also look weird and women who cut their hair like men have really no feminine traits altogether!

Ethinicity=Hazara
Nationality=Afghanistan

BengaliCanadian

Jun 10, 2021 05:35

Ok I guess I am an outlier. From the readings above of what most men prefer, it reminded me of Princess Rapunzel (known for her long hair) from the movie "Tangled Ever After". I hope they get what want.

Emiran

Jun 17, 2021 22:11

Aslm alkm wr wb

Hair length is not important. you can hide it under hijab, hat,turban etc, hooded coat, TOPI, Pardah etc. you may have cancer, then have no hair.

It sunnah to have long hair, that does not mean just on the head.....It can also refer too the beard length, SUNNAH does not mean Compulsory, Its just means example.

tjsayb

Jun 18, 2021 22:45

Love when lady is hairy, though consider africa hair is descriptions

Soniya

Jun 20, 2021 02:06

No BengaliCanadian...I don't think any guy prefers long hair like Rapunzel. Rapunzel is a cartoon lol. In real life, hair as long as her....looks weird. I think when some men said long hair, they meant up until waist line or a bit longer than that. Hope this makes sense. But honestly, I have seen women with short hair who look very nice. It all depends on what style/cut suits you.
@tjsayb....African hair is hair just like everyone else. It can be short, medium or long too.

Soniya

Jun 20, 2021 02:12

@Talah...hmmm...you kind of come across a bit hypocrital...in your own profile, you mentioned that you don't want your future husband from middle east/North Africa.....even though you are from Kuwait. Isn't that also a preference?

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.