Helahel

Will you ever trust someone who lives in Africa and approach you for marriage?

No Photo

Will you ever trust someone who lives in Africa and approach you for marriage?

smartzy1 Created Jan 6, 2021 18:40
9 Comments

I want to know the faith of Africans when it comes to trust in light of stereotypes and interracial relationship.

This topic has 13 comments

No Photo

smartzy1

Jan 7, 2021 10:21

My intention for this thread is for people to vent their concern on this matter

No Photo

Eva

Jan 11, 2021 12:26

i would

AllahisgreatP

Jan 11, 2021 16:41

You are creating the stereotype where there is none, there are bad and good people anywhere in the world even in Saudi Arabia.

It's only someone with little reasoning that will judge me negatively simply because of the continent or country l come from.

No Photo

smartzy1

Jan 11, 2021 17:58

@AllahisgreatP
Sir, I'm not creating the stereotype where there's non. It's obvious and I've heard, seen and experience several situation about this issue.
We're in 2021, you can't denial this isn't happening.
We're all in this together.
Online purchase, online application, b2b transactions and even freelancing portals I won't like to mention to name a few, are all areas where we are affected by the stereotype once your identity is known just because we have fraction of the bad eggs that are not suppose to be generalized as our lifestyle.
It's more like a research for me if I can get people to give their opinion on the matter.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jan 12, 2021 01:11

@smartzy what is happening who is affected research on online dating a quarter of a bad egg stereotyped online purchase B2B African
am getting confused Bro

No Photo

smartzy1

Jan 12, 2021 08:41

@Justme Please don't confuse sir. It's not a research for degree but personal out of curiosity.
You may not understand because you're not a victim.
Even recently a payment gateway stop sending money to my country banks maybe because some people in this part of the world abuse the system idk but my point is they're the minority not the majority so it shouldn't have affected everybody here. That's just a recent example.
Sometimes you need to provide too many verification just to do a simple purchase.
I guess you can now relate this to my previous comment.
I try to avoid calling names.

No Photo

smartzy1

Jan 12, 2021 08:46

To give you more clue. when a freelancing platform boldly displays your nationality which is what they do generally, as an African your chance of getting shortlisted for a project is automatically reduced.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jan 12, 2021 15:51

@smartzy am sorry you confuse me again are you referring to datting or other opportunities like business transactions and jobs. If it is about online dating well the rejection or not shortlisted got nothing to do with colour or continent or brother or sister it is happening to every one unfortunately most of us are not looking for a date and if we are looking for it is a bespoke one if it is other opportunities am sorry mate it is a dating site.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jan 12, 2021 16:01

and there is nothing like As an african or American or Asian

No Photo

b4l4l_69420

Jan 12, 2021 18:13

no

No Photo

smartzy1

Jan 12, 2021 23:43

@Justme now I get. That's how you choose to understand my point.

No Photo

smartzy1

Jan 13, 2021 00:22

If not, maybe I should rephrase my comment.
When people from Africa for example gets on a dating site, they most times are seen as scammer.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jan 17, 2021 23:04

i do apologise but of course not but at least you will learn something that you never knows before .. bro girls when they are abroad even those who highly educated once they know your already here they are into here to get visa and rid off you , but too many sisters are here they looking for same level of educations they not pity you for begin lonely or care who your so be very careful about abroad people , but nowadays they get back to their own country once they know they were into your visa !!!

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.