Helahel

Changing locations

Changing locations

IrishSis_Muslimah Created Jul 1, 2020 19:25
11 Comments

How are users changing the location on their profile to a country that they are not even in??

I have spoken to accounts that claimed to be near me, usually in Europe, only for them to tell me that they live 1000s of miles away in other continents. What benefit does that have on anything? Don't people realise that to initiate a marriage based on dishonesty and deceit will surely cause problems within the relationship?

You lose more chances and potential partners when you lie, brothers and sisters. If you are truly looking for a spouse, be honest. And if you can't do that for yourself and others, at least do it for the sake of Allah.

This topic has 14 comments

IrishSis_Muslimah

Jul 1, 2020 23:15

@muslimman: If the country allows me to practice my deen with more ease, I will move. But the truth is, the men from these poor countries want to move to Europe and therefore have ill intentions to probably marry me and drop me. I'm sure genuine people exist but I'm yet to meet them.

Juliatotallybored

Jul 2, 2020 01:06

不不不不不不不不遲

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 2, 2020 01:43

Dont pick on young kids man! Its weak!

Abrar Qureshi

Jul 2, 2020 02:23

@muslimman i would love to see you a ruler of a kingdom. Stop bullying people brother. Enough!

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 2, 2020 03:02

This person is just causing disturbance now...let him be till he comes to his sences.

IrishSis_Muslimah

Jul 2, 2020 03:24

@Beauty, @Abrar Qureshi: JazakhAllah kheir!

Abrar Qureshi

Jul 2, 2020 03:46

Your the greatest of all time brother. We are loser's, unislamic bad people. And bad women, now that you've gotten your medal. please relax and let Allah judge us.

Abrar Qureshi

Jul 2, 2020 03:57

@beauty You know i understand, it can be frustrating to have bad experiences over and over and over again. And meet the same kind of hypocrites, but that's a part of our world is isn't it? Isn't that what "everybody" is facing? Isn't it annoying for everyone, we're all in it together, let's spread kindness, prayers and love. People go through tough times and still don't say a word, still carry on. We have all been in this brothers shoes, we understand. People don't find the right match for many years. Patience is the only key. Picking on us won't really help the brother in the long run. You'll vent it out here, will call us whatever you want but it really will not change circumstances, that's Allah's will. So chill. Be happy, smile, Allah love's you more than anything, more than your family, more than any woman, you want to vent it out, vent it out to him, he's the best therapist. But please don't pick on people especially young one's.

Isra5

Jul 6, 2020 12:06

Mashallah Sis and As salaamu alaikum All,
This is a very good topic to introduce. I put right into my profile for brother's from other Countries not even to contact me - not because I am a douche-bag but b/c I don't want the hassle of trying to navigate how we will get to each other especially if the home Country has banned travel and vice-versa.
I was attacked viciously by a brother who said that I would be lucky if someone wanted to marry me even on this planet given my age and race. He sent me a lengthy message attacking my family heritage and calling me a racist for saying I didn't want to be contacted by people in different countries (may Allah forgive him). I laughed at him but forgave him after I educated him on the fact that my family dates back to the 1600's here on the North American Continent. I asked him to seek mental health help and Allah's forgiveness before I deleted all of his messages, mostly unread. I refused to participate in his fitna. I just told him that my ability to have children and wealth are the only things that truly matter to any one.
He wasn't the only brother that messaged to insult and attack me but I had to have a chuckle at their expense - it's like dear brothers are you that lonely and desperate that you need to message someone who doesn't even know you? Like you really took time out of your day INSTEAD of memorizing a new surah or hadith to sit down and write me a message. LOL. I digress.

Isra5

Jul 6, 2020 12:09

Mashallah Sis and As salaamu alaikum All,
This is a very good topic to introduce. I put right into my profile for brother's from other Countries not even to contact me - not because I am a douche-bag but b/c I don't want the hassle of trying to navigate how we will get to each other especially if the home Country has banned travel and vice-versa.
I was attacked viciously by a brother who said that I would be lucky if someone wanted to marry me even on this planet given my age and race. He sent me a lengthy message attacking my family heritage and calling me a racist for saying I didn't want to be contacted by people in different countries (may Allah forgive him). I laughed at him but forgave him after I educated him on the fact that my family dates back to the 1600's here on the North American Continent. I asked him to seek mental health help and Allah's forgiveness before I deleted all of his messages, mostly unread. I refused to participate in his fitna. I just told him that my ability to have children and wealth are the only things that truly matter to any one.
He wasn't the only brother that messaged to insult and attack me but I had to have a chuckle at their expense - it's like dear brothers are you that lonely and desperate that you need to message someone who doesn't even know you? Like you really took time out of your day INSTEAD of memorizing a new surah or hadith to sit down and write me a message. LOL. I digress.

Abrar Qureshi

Jul 6, 2020 13:02

@isra Assalam sister, hope you're doing well. It's just plain pathetic how can people behave sometimes. What your making is such a fair point and i think people need to be pragmatic. I hope that brother understood something from your forgiveness i wish that brother well too. Finding a partner can be a frustrating affair, i hope gives us more patience. Allahafiz

No Photo

smartzy1

Jul 6, 2020 14:17

I've read some good points thus far but what will happen to the legit guys on here or elsewhere.
At least I've had interaction with some people here who were forced to leave this platform.
I think people need to learn how to use the internet before jumping on it to reduce complains.
Almost every forum you visit on the internet have warning including helahel forum.
Otherwise we all end up been a loser.
May Almighty Allah ease our affairs

IrishSis_Muslimah

Jul 6, 2020 20:35

@israr5: Wa alaykum salaam. Being direct and honest like you clearly are i regard to choosing a spouse is admirable. I do not understand others that think otherwise 仄儭

No Photo

Deleted User

Jul 6, 2020 23:01

They may have felt embarrassed to tell people where they are really from..not sure. Some people may not be proud of their nation for one reason or another? Maybe..guess thats up for you to find out.

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.