Helahel

IS IT WRONG TO KEEP BEAUTY ALSO IN THE LIST?

IS IT WRONG TO KEEP BEAUTY ALSO IN THE LIST?

Abrar Qureshi Created Jun 25, 2020 02:26
16 Comments

Wanted to know from everyone. Why is it considered such a self absorbent thing or a selfish thing or even unwise if one is keeping beauty in the list.

This topic has 30 comments

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 25, 2020 06:55

Assalamu Aleykum ahi.. beauty, too, everyone has their own))each has its own taste, for example, I like women overweight women are not thin fat women .not high )). this is my standard of beauty,,someone likes tall thin women,, to each his own ..

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 25, 2020 08:11

Beauty is not just physical..there is lots of facets of beauty. Some people enjoy different types of beauty.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 25, 2020 08:17

A lot of people first think of physical beauty when beauty its mentioned. It depends on what the individual means when they say it. How can a personal preferance or liking be self absorbed or selfish...unless your narrsissus! πŸ˜€πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 25, 2020 08:26

to each his own)) and the most beautiful women, of course, believing women,---The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "Those women who enter Paradise for the good deeds that they have done on earth will be superior and more beautiful than the guria."

Abrar Qureshi

Jun 25, 2020 08:36

Well said both of you. May Allah be pleased with you and shower his blessings. Ameen.

Abrar Qureshi

Jun 25, 2020 09:26

@beauty I meant some people that i have come across who make others look like, this is about being indulged into their own thoughts about beauty or physical appearance being very important. Self indulgence in this thought. I actually hadn't slept for day's and i was almost about to pass out. It does look like i sound confusing.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 25, 2020 10:32

Read the story of Narcissus..google it.
Its not good to be overly self absorbed physically. Some people may have been abused or neglected in some way in their past, and it may make them extremely narcissistic, or may lack self confidance about thier looks, so they hyperfocus on their outer apperance..so one must try to be compassionate to others, as you never really know why someone may seem to ve overly focused on the physical. And then some are just vain, and havent yet learnt the benefits of not being so vain. And some just get addicted to it, other than getting other addictions. Any way one becomes too selfish, it limits the amout of time you can be of service. Thats why its not so good..body, mind or soul. And we are here on earth as servents and stewards on the earth. So, being aware and being self critical is important islamically. Sigh πŸ™ Hope you get a good sleep soon. πŸ™‚ Remember; Lack of sleep makes you look older! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜€πŸ˜„

Abrar Qureshi

Jun 25, 2020 12:23

Haha.. although mashallah I've been told i don't look my age.. but nevertheless sleep is one of the most important things..your right anything in access is bad and i completely agree in being self critical.. it's such a useful tool to become better and learn... shukriya

Amir

Jun 25, 2020 15:33

Beauty is in the eyes of beer-holder!

Amir

Jun 26, 2020 04:50

I learnt something new today that I can't help but share. The famous church St. Basil's Cathedral on Red Square that I visited in 2012 was a Tatar mosque that was brought brick-by-brick from Kazan and reassembled in Moscow by Czar Ivan the Terrible who destroyed so many mosques but this one he couldn't https://youtu.be/SO1FaUM3pac

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 26, 2020 10:45

Alhammdullia, seems that beautiful house of Allah stayed on the list! Beauty mate! πŸ˜€

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 29, 2020 06:25

beauty should be that you like ,not what others impose on u .if u dont like a woman dont marry her because its no use of marrying a woman which causes your state of marrying and unmarried remain the same and you keep on intrested in other women after your marriage .

Quran says in surah nisah marry those women who u like 2,3 ,4 😁

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 29, 2020 06:30

physical beauty is important but if u are not able to be married to anyone and you are remained unmarried most of your life then it idls better to marry someone average just in case u dont want indulge in haram

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 29, 2020 08:55

Thats if you cant control yourself.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 29, 2020 12:10

this what whole young muslim ummah is going through ,and dont told their parents that cant control .u have to be brave to face the truth no shame in telling truth to any one

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 29, 2020 12:23

True. πŸ˜ƒ

No Photo

Deleted User

Jun 29, 2020 12:27

Yes, i think people should marry who they love.

BengaliCanadian

Sep 11, 2020 01:11

I think if someone is beautiful then It is a bonus rather than a required. Looks fade over time. How good a person treats you is a lasting effect.

MIK

Sep 11, 2020 12:55

Why are there so many deleted users her ?

Farid

Sep 12, 2020 04:14

Probably because they’re just wasting time. Most people (women) here aren’t serious, and many of those who are here lack basic manners. Just read the experiences of other men in other forums.

Zahra

Sep 12, 2020 05:57

If a boy is looking for beauty, the girl will look for money

No Photo

Deleted User

Sep 12, 2020 10:59

The deleted user on this thread is the same user. She was mocking Islam then left when questioned. One other deleted user from other forums has found a spouse. Al hamdulillah

Abrar Qureshi

Sep 12, 2020 14:32

@zahra, Assalam, not necessarily true but yes I get your point. Also I would like to add I see how people tend to create an image of people whom they see or meet online.

Abrar Qureshi

Sep 12, 2020 14:36

@farid although I have met some gentlewomen.

Abrar Qureshi

Sep 12, 2020 14:37

@content subhanallah πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Farid

Sep 13, 2020 03:29

Br. Abrar, I have met some as well, but they seem very far and few between.

No Photo

Deleted User

Sep 13, 2020 13:24

Assalum alaikum

I am a genuine user but am also soon a deleted user.
Being on here and other sites have not helped with my deen rather the opposite. So time to leave.
May Allah bless us all. Ameen
Assalum alaikum

yokiki

Sep 13, 2020 17:09

yes only if you look like an actor

Abrar Qureshi

Sep 14, 2020 09:24

@yokiki hehe, I get your point, actually many actors look average, just like normal people. Many models look attractive. Many everyday people also look attractive. What I mean is that I don't think so actors are the benchmark for good looks. But yes what matters in the end is the heart although personally I should be attracted to my partner, however it may be.

Amir

Sep 18, 2020 03:28

Beauty is in the eyes of the beer-holder!

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.