Helahel

Created differently, we differ, what will you do?

Created differently, we differ, what will you do?

OpenHeart Created May 23, 2020 03:13
4 Comments

Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuh.

My dear brothers and sisters, many of you may not care how I feel but as a Muslim convert/revert, it saddens me to read some of the comments made here without any regard that it is the Holy month of Ramadan where we as Muslims are supposed to be purifying our soul, heart, mind and body.

Ramadan is a true trial of one’s character, testing each individual on any bad habits that we may have and allowing us to purify ourselves of these behaviours. Ramadan serves as a tool for us Muslims to practice for increasing patience and self-control. It helps us to purify ourselves and build upon our character, as well as increase in our spirituality. Furthermore, it’s an opportunity to serve to build relationships among the people of society, bringing together the rich and poor by personally delivering charity to those in need. As each individual detaches from worldly desires, we allow ourselves to become closer to Allah Subhana Wata’ala.

I remember there was a man (since removed) who used to differ with everyone here to a point where he wrote some things that were untrue about our Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam and his wives Radi Allahu 'anha, yet not a peep from anyone, not the "imams", not the "experts", not even from the man who started the thread and having a direct disagreement with who claim to be so knowledgeable about Islam yet sensitive when questioned. The day the man wrote disparaging words about our Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam and his wives Radi Allahu 'anha, the thread creator did not write a word to protest or share his knowledge and mind you until today he’s still here starting topics in Forum and quick to write a sentence or two to prove someone wrong and throwing shades at women.

Here we are “Muslims” bashing one another, not having a break to divide us more, not even respecting the fact that it's the Holy month of Ramadan. What an example!!! Such a disheartening example we're sharing to the world, to our brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, sons and daughters, reverts, and people who may be thinking of becoming a Muslim. Have we forgotten that Allah Subhana Wata’ala Sees It All?

We have all the right to believe what we’re convinced by, it does not make the other person an evil person simply because he’s/she’s convinced otherwise. We can discuss and raise the subject matter in a very respectful manner in a very polite way. It’s likely going to be more effective and convincing when it's presented with love, compassion, dignity and goodness rather than putting down one another or spewing harsh words, labelling or name-calling. What is more important to you? Is it to prove and show off to everyone that you're the only one who is correct and they are wrong and in the process of doing so you don’t mind sinning?

Our Ummah is sadly divided, I wish we aim to be part of the solution to unite by being open to other people’s thoughts and ideas and sincerely put effort to uplift others, teach and show what Islam is all about from the main source, The Holy Quran, not from traditions and personal egoistic beliefs.

I urge you to please differ with respect. Disagreements will happen even with the best amongst people and with our families. Be polite and respectful, please.

Ask yourselves: What're your intentions? Is it to help others or is it to discredit people? Is it to make the truth be clear for the sake of Allah Subhana Wata’ala? We don’t need to embarrass a person, label them or do name-calling. The basic principle when there’s a disagreement is to give the person the chance to clarify themselves, give people the benefit of the doubt regardless of gender and be open to learning new things and aspire to do everything for the sake of Allah Subhana Wata’ala in thoughts, words and actions.

May we strive to change our bad habits for good from this day forward and be a positive example to those around us or communicate with. May Allah Subhana Wata’ala keep us in the right path, grant us and the Ummah the best in Ad-Dunya and in Al-Akhira, forgive all our sins and accept our Duas this Holy month of Ramadan and beyond. May Allah Subhana Wata’ala forgives us, protect us against the oppressors, may we never be the oppressor, and may The Almighty protect us from those who do not believe. Ameen.

Thank you for reading. Salaam.

This topic has 5 comments

No Photo

Deleted User

May 23, 2020 04:13

Ameen. Great reminder. JazakhAllah khayr!

OpenHeart

May 23, 2020 04:57

That_arafah,

Thank you sister. Wa ʾantum fa-jazakumu-llahu khayran. Take care.

No Photo

smartzy1

May 23, 2020 12:37

It's really bad when people act "selfish" in public. I believe these acts are the major cause to throw shade at the other person.
Whenever we try to address a situation let's do it sincerely by assuming to be the concern parties before we kick off.
It could solve problems and create unity rather than cause problems and segregation.
Thanks this a good wake up call.

wazbur

May 23, 2020 22:48

Waalekum salaam @openheart good reminder to your fellow Muslims, Mash Allah for your courage and Allah has given you wisdom to explain it in a proper way. We all know that we are not perfect human beings so we have admit we are hear to learn from each other with our little knowledge that Allah has given us. So we have to love each other fo the sake of Allah and respect one another May Allah guide us. Shukran @openheart. Eid Mubarak to all my Muslim brothers and sisters

OpenHeart

May 24, 2020 07:32

@ smartzy1 and @ wazbur.

Alaikum Salaam Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuh.

Jazak Allahu Khair. My brothers, thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts. Masha’Allah, this is a blessing during Eid al-Fitr knowing that from simple words, it has reached someone’s heart and understood what I was trying to convey, Alhamdulillah. May Allah keep us in the straight path, bless us with compassionate heart, and safeguard our tongues from lying, backbiting and hurting others and become mediators to unite our Ummah. Ameen.

Eid Mubarak to you and your families and to all our brothers and sisters.

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.