Helahel

What kind of women share her husband...

What kind of women share her husband...

Faizzan Created May 20, 2020 17:34
6 Comments

https://musliminstitute.org/freethinking/gender/what-kind-woman-willing-share-her-husband

Read this article.. I'm sure you'd like it..

This topic has 6 comments

ALIWISEMIND ke

Sep 25, 2021 16:30

Polygamy is only allowed for the sake of orphan's equality! Anyone who argues otherwise?
https://www.quranicpath.com/misconceptions/polygamy_islam.html
You can also marry extra wife in case your wife is barren, ...e.t.c
Di you agree with this?
On my part, I haven't researched enough to decide

ALIWISEMIND ke

Sep 25, 2021 16:36

BUT BAD NEWS IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO BE MY WIFE; I SEE MYSELF MARYING MORE THAN ONE, inshaallaj
The probability is very high! Why? Because;
1. Am not against it though I just want one
2. Am soft-hearted; I mighty pity them
Allah knows better

ALIWISEMIND ke

Sep 25, 2021 17:08

Let me make it easy for you,...this is the article;
Polygamy - To Mothers of Orphans Only

No where in the Qur'an is it allowed to marry more than one wife for personal satisfaction. The verse regarding polygamy is set in the clear context of taking care of orphaned children. It specifies the only reasoning behind marriage to more than one woman:

Surah 4 - An-Nisa (Women), Verses 1 to 4

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ اتَّقُوا رَبَّكُمُ الَّذِي خَلَقَكُمْ مِنْ نَفْسٍ وَاحِدَةٍ وَخَلَقَ مِنْهَا زَوْجَهَا وَبَثَّ مِنْهُمَا رِجَالا كَثِيرًا وَنِسَاءً وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ الَّذِي تَسَاءَلُونَ بِهِ وَالأَرْحَامَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلَيْكُمْ رَقِيبًا

"People, be mindful of your Lord, who created you from a single soul, and from it created its mate and from the pair of them spread countless men and women. Be mindful of Allah, in whose name you ask one another of what is in the womb,
Allah is always watching over you". (4:1)

وَآتُوا الْيَتَامَى أَمْوَالَهُمْ وَلا تَتَبَدَّلُوا الْخَبِيثَ بِالطَّيِّبِ وَلا تَأْكُلُوا أَمْوَالَهُمْ إِلَى أَمْوَالِكُمْ إِنَّهُ كَانَ حُوبًا كَبِيرًا

"Give orphans their property, do not replace their good things with the bad, and do not consume their property with your own. That is a serious crime". (4:2)

وَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلا تُقْسِطُوا فِي الْيَتَامَى فَانْكِحُوا مَا طَابَ لَكُمْ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ مَثْنَى وَثُلاثَ وَرُبَاعَ فَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلا تَعْدِلُوا فَوَاحِدَةً أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ ذَلِكَ أَدْنَى أَلا تَعُولُوا

"If you fear that you will not be just/equitable to the orphans, then marry as permissible for you, women, two, three or four. But if you fear you will not be equitable, then one or to whom you are committed to by oath. That is better so that you
do not deviate from the right course". (4:3)

Firstly, the verse of 'polygamy' is clearly embedded within the context of taking care of orphans. Where 4:3 is the 'verse of polygamy', the issue of orphaned children starts from 4:2.

Secondly, reading 4:3, we notice the verse begins by laying a clear condition, "If you fear that you will not be just/equitable to the orphans, then marry...". The underlined word "then" is the translation for the word "fa / ف". This term used to mean "in that case / so / then" is connecting the two portion of marrying more than one woman, and being more equitable to orphans, in a conditional manner. Even to an un-trained reader, it is very obvious to notice that Allah is stating here that the verse is 'permitting' another marriage only in order to be more "just / equitable" to orphaned children, in other words, to take care of orphaned children better. Orphaned children who have lost their father need care when their widowed mother is unable to provide for them. How can marrying again solve the problem of helpless orphaned children who are not provided for (e.g. food and shelter)? Ofcourse, it is by marriage to the widowed mother to whom the orphans belong to - who is also in need of provision.

ALIWISEMIND ke

Sep 25, 2021 17:12

His article talks about why polygamy is necessary for widows, divorced and elder women, above 30 at least. I mean, marrying those women that are not very appealing to other men like the physically challenged, can also mention "ugly" women? Wherever, but those that very few men are willing to marry them

ALIWISEMIND ke

Sep 26, 2021 02:28

Assalam alaykum,
Personally, am yet to fully comprehend this verse...
People, be mindful of your Lord, who created you from a single soul, and from it created its mate and from the pair of them spread countless men and women. Be mindful of Allah, in whose name you ask one another of what is in the womb,
Allah is always watching over you". (4:1)

The article claim that;
1. Poligamy is only meant for the orphan's mothers (I took this part because I want to research about the verse further)
2. Married people can't marry singles ( they sighted a certain verse but I left this part out cause its baseless)

According to my understanding;
Polygamy is allowed to men, with or without reason on only two conditions;
1. Ability to take care of them
2. Ability to strive to treat them fairly

Reasons usually given for polygamy are;
1. The qur'an says so
2. Its a sunnah of the prophet
3. For sexual satisfaction
4. Because of numbers; women are more
5. For the sake of widows and divorced
6. Need to have children and the first wife is barren

But, I have never ever heard someone mentioning the mother of the orphan. I believe she is categorized as reason number 5

The reason I shared this article is because of the attachment of orphan's right with polygamy. I just want to know more about the verse

Verses are interpreted diff. Thats why Imam Shafi, Hambal, and others differ in terms of understanding. Amn't a judge. So, I never rule anyone to be right ir wrong. Allah Himself can clear our misunderstandings in the day of judgement, inshaallah. Thats why I don't disregard the article.

I also don't take it because am doubtful. The prophet says, the truth is clear, so, leave anything that is doubtful. But he also said,...the religion was strange and would return to be strange. So, blessed are the strangers. Knowing this, I don't disregard the article cause it may be strange but maybe, it contain some truth in it

I shared with you as a question, not my point of view. This religion is not according to people's reasoning; its about facts and evidence from?...Qur'an, sunnah, Ijma and Qiyas...but I out more emphasis on the first 2

Personally, I take information only on qur'an, hadith and swahabas point of view...and I normally say if its a verse, hadith or if its my own reasoning and the reason behind my reasoning, whether its a swahaba or prophet, may be...but

I believe, Allah teaches those that want to know more. I say so because of Prophet Ibrahim who wanted to know who God is, the Sun, Moon or who is He. This is in the Qur'an. Prophet Muhammad also used to go to cave Hira because of the same. Allah taught them. Why? They wanted to learn. I believe, with my zeal, Allah would teach me more. I say so because Allah says that He can't change a situation till you strive to change yourself first. So, I can't sit and wait hopimg to be informed. I believe in sharing knowledge because, if you are wrong, someone can correct you. And there is nothing wrong with being wrong. Ibrahim was wrong, right? Neithervthe Sun nor the Moon is God, but was taught

I shared this article as a question. Never my opinion. I think I was clear...On my part, I haven't researched enough to decide...Am currently researching on hadhrat Ali because,...the prophet says that he's the home of knowledge and Ali is its gate. So, mashaallah, Ali's understanding to thst verse is way better that our own undrstanding, I believe. So, he was poligamous and I want to know the types of wives he married after Fatimah, may Allah be pleased with her. So far, am yet to find a verse or hadith explaining that verse further. Thats why, am relying majorly on the swahabas understanding; not our own

If I get evidence, I'll clarify inshaallah. But as of now, I neither disregard the article nor take it because we're not allowed by Allah to speak without knowledge.

May Allah increase our knowledge and understanding

ALIWISEMIND ke

Sep 26, 2021 02:31

*Am sorry, I meant this verse...and not that...
"If you fear that you will not be just/equitable to the orphans, then marry as permissible for you, women, two, three or four. But if you fear you will not be equitable, then one or to whom you are committed to by oath. That is better so that you
do not deviate from the right course". (4:3)

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.