Helahel

Site Title - Meaning

No Photo

Site Title - Meaning

smartzy1 Created Apr 11, 2020 14:31
12 Comments

What does"Helahel" means.
I'm somehow curious after looking it up but felt maybe I got the wrong info. So somebody please tell me what this website title means.

This topic has 18 comments

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 11, 2020 16:58

It is an Arabic gesture with a sound like "le le le le, in the middle eastern countries women use that when 2 families having a wedding party. It is an expression of happiness. Watch this clip from the first 4 seconds, 2 women doing that. If you go further you will see more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbUkDzq_QlI&list=PL1iC30WKdK8xaD3BCj760wshw0--ZaZx-

In Arabic, we call that gesture and the sound of it, Helahel. I am sure this site is owned by an Arabic speaking man, but it doesn't mean a Muslim owners, I think an Arabic speaking christian. ๐Ÿ˜‰

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 11, 2020 17:22

This clip is much obvious, you can see her tongue with 100 x speed, la la la la or le le le.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA1Lbh4H-VI

No Photo

smartzy1

Apr 11, 2020 18:32

Thank you Mr Amir.
Those clips were helpful.
I never knew that kinda gesture is called helahel.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 11, 2020 18:51

You live in Africa and I don't think you have that kind of gesture in the weddings. I am sure choosing that name is not for nothing, it is the right name for this site, as you know it's about marriage and happiness. ๐Ÿ˜‰
What happend to your picture ๐Ÿค”

No Photo

smartzy1

Apr 11, 2020 22:21

I live in Africa. There are two tribes namely Fulani and Hausa. They also have similar gesture but I don't know what they call there's.

No Photo

smartzy1

Apr 11, 2020 22:30

As for my picture I decided to remove it.
Since I'm trying to maintain only forum now.
I just have another thought about people here.

No Photo

smartzy1

Apr 11, 2020 23:43

OK sir

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 12, 2020 00:18

Be aware Smartzy...when i decided to say that im just here to chat on my profile, i had people msg me just to say that it was wrong what i was doing! ๐Ÿ˜€ It was strange. So just a heads up in case anyone decides to tell you what to do. ๐Ÿ˜€ Hope your well, may Allah keep you safe there. Salaam.

No Photo

smartzy1

Apr 12, 2020 05:07

Ameen thanks

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 12, 2020 05:18

Hel is similar to Hell? Hel a Hel perhaps there is a meaning there somewhere?

Light of Religion

Apr 12, 2020 10:21

Smartzy1 weldone, you are excluding your brothers. We are from Africa, Nigeria to be precise and we have three popular tribe. WAZOBIA

No Photo

smartzy1

Apr 12, 2020 12:01

Mr Light of Religion please try to understand my comment. Those two tribes are know for possessing that kind of gesture.
I see no reason why you misunderstood my comment. Or do you know any part of Yoruba or Igbo that possess similar gesture?
Btw am not even from the tribe I mentioned in my initial comment.

Light of Religion

Apr 12, 2020 13:24

All is well Smartzy1. Stay safe

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 13, 2020 00:06

It's sound matches to a Sindhi word which mean, come. But i guess Amir is right i have seen Arabs do that.

ALIWISEMIND ke

Sep 25, 2021 15:35

Wah, somehow convinced but more research needed, ๐Ÿ˜‚

ALIWISEMIND ke

Sep 25, 2021 15:38

Amn't sure if this is right, sometimes google translate lies
Arabic
Helahel

English
Hello

ALIWISEMIND ke

Sep 25, 2021 15:43

In Turkish it means halal

ALIWISEMIND ke

Sep 25, 2021 15:52

So you decide, if its Arabic, then it means hello, if its Turkish, it means halal...according to google translate
Or you ask the admin, ๐Ÿ˜‚

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.