Helahel

A way to know a scammer

A way to know a scammer

โ˜๏ธ Abu Safia Alsalafi ๐Ÿง”๐Ÿป Created Mar 25, 2020 21:13
15 Comments

Assalam Alaikum!

For several days ago a person here said that she is interested, she sends a picture of her and I made a google search for that picture, it takes me to a website who is filthy, the picture has been uploaded 8 years ago but she said she is 18 years only. Subhan Allah, I don't know why some scammers do that just wasting my time. They don't get a penny from me and didn't ask for it but it seems that they like to waste their and my time. Yes, she said she is poor and only have a tablet with Wi-Fi. By the way, she said also she doesn't have WhatsApp (no phone number), only skype, so that was a sign for me that she was a scammer.

So be careful brothers and sisters, I know that most of you want to get halaal relationship as soon as possible and that the time is passing, but please take those signs seriously and have sabr inshaAllah, may Allah protect you all.

This topic has 20 comments

No Photo

Amir

Mar 25, 2020 22:41

As a rule of thumb, don't send anyone you haven't met any money, just like the money transfer websites tell you. I came to know a girl in my parents country. Soon she started saying that she wants to run away from her home because of the amount of work she has to do there. While she talked on phone, you could hear her mother, sister, etc. in the background. I asked for and she sent me a copy of her ID card. Satisfied, I started sending her money monthly to pay a maid to at least do the sanitation work around the house. At this time, I worked in oilfields of Texas, and what I sent her seemed like pocket change. Only, she kept delaying the visit, saying it was too hot, etc. which should have raised an alarm in my head, Finally, when that happened in autumn too, I finally realized it was just a scam.

Marriage seems like a mission impossible anymore. Girls watch TV and that's what they want with zero age difference, and filty rich too! There's such a thing as 41 year old virgins in Muslim countries because time passed and cheeks sagged, but no one popped out of the TV for their ordinary sorry selves.

No Photo

Amir

Mar 25, 2020 22:55

This was a high risk scam for her because if I go to her country, I can go to police there. Purpose of the story is even when everything is real, it can still be a scam so DO NOT SEND MONEY TO ANYONE you haven't met.

No Photo

Amir

Mar 25, 2020 23:14

What kind of a mind does it take to not develop any closeness or sympathy after months of talking?

No Photo

Amir

Mar 26, 2020 00:34

By the way, there are many websites where you can list a scammer. Of course, they'll ask you for money transfer receipts and other details to show relationship. Then anyone can search her by name.

To date, I was only scanned for $100 on a paid website when I lived in Dubai, which I was able to get back when I visited Ukraine. Being from my parent's country, I let my guard down.

No Photo

Amir

Mar 26, 2020 04:43

Now, I see myself like my dentist, 70 and alone, living in a small town. Takes him time to get out of the car. He was married once. Then came the divorce. She took their son, house and 2/3 of the retirement plus monthly child support. He avoided monthly alimony by temporarily quitting his practice and going back to dental college. After that he never mustered the courage to marry.

No Photo

Amir

Mar 26, 2020 05:03

I still have the Ukrainian girl, but now I'm even unsure of her even though I never sent her any money.

I saw so many men go crazy on this website. I hate to see it my turn now!

Amir

Mar 26, 2020 09:58

Amir,
This website is responsible for this disappointment. My experience from this website is telling me that they are the real scammers. They deliberately make fake profiles I tested them with a lot of ways, you can go back and read my threads. They never appreciate someone trying to clean their website. I am 100 % certain that the admin-s is not a Muslim at all. They deliberately do their best to make Muslims look bad. It is a satanic cult trying this game. No scammers here, maybe 1 % the rest is made by the website admin. Just like other Ukrainian or Russian websites. 1 million fake profiles with few workers to fool the genuine one. Be careful brothers and sisters. Satan have a lot of faces.

No Photo

Amir

Mar 26, 2020 18:02

I didn't meet her on this website. I placed a matrimonial ad in my parents' country last April when I was in Texas.

I bought a dating website CMS once and there was a way to ad fake members by hundred with no photos and similar wording. Paid websites need them for start up, but this site is free so there's no incentive for such.

Anyway, now in shelter-at-home days I have had the time to list her with US FTC and UK Cyber Crimes. She always sent me a lot of photos, even though I'd ask her not to, and a few videos. She was just ordinary girl who thought she was a beauty queen. My Russian fiancee was the opposite.

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 27, 2020 11:14

People, as long as we set boundaries, ask the right questions without being side tracked with their cringy messages or pics, not flirt until or unless they seem compatible, then we should not go wrong.
I also hate when a man calls you by a pet name 'darling/babe/ honey' etc when they have not even seen your picture let alone seen you in the flesh! These type of sentimental words can only be created through genuine emotions. Emotions should only be formed after compatibility is gauged, following Istikharah.
When I perform Istikharah I swear if it s not meant to be, Allah either shows me signs in dreams/ gives me vibes/ closes or opens doors! This then ultimately strengthens my faith and connection with him..
Plus for me it would be alarm bells that how many women is he chatting like this with? It should start off with alien conversation....if it is lengthy contact then that would indicate that they are either confused or have past hang ups or attached or multi chatting
Nobody is desperate however it is also haram to delay...and even if it is delayed then turn to Allah, not players! They cannot drag us out of hell if we were to die tomorrow, only our halaal partner is halaal.
Best to do our homework and at first point of contact, to chat immedietly on phone to mirror the pics and messages with the person then seek guidance from the Almighty with Istikharah prayers
Many are living in a fairy tale world with a wish list, however when we say our vows it should be in sickness and in health etc, nobody is perfect and neither are we. We cannot cry wolf if we are not being cautious...also we should point out any red flags as if we do not, then we would only have ourselves to blame!!! Why massage a scammers' ego through boredom...do something more productive for yourselves. We should not be made to feel used or abused by anyone nor be an ornament.
May the Almighty keep us safe at all times

No Photo

Amir

Mar 27, 2020 14:52

When this Ukrainian brunette video calls me, she's in simple T-shirt and no make up. When you look at girls from back home, everyone is in hair color, make up with base, and designer like dresses. Only temptation was to eat foods like in childhood, but now I say the hell with the foods!

No Photo

Amir

Mar 27, 2020 21:12

US FTC sent me this link for fraud avoidance http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0060-10-ways-avoid-fraud

I placed another matrimonial ad. Got a response from a 34 year old recently divorced from UK with a 4 month old daughter. Sent her 2 photos. Got the usual response to send recent ones. I said they are recent. Nothing changed except the hair color, and she wasn't happy with that!!! She blamed the guy and the joint family system, but I could tell from her voice that she was a pretty fighty woman. She didn't send any photo of her sagging face.

No Photo

Amir

Mar 27, 2020 21:14

I left out what I wanted to say, is it not better to not find anyone than to bring in someone and divorced in a year and stuck with child support for the next 18 to 21 years?

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 28, 2020 17:04

Hm not really brother, if the child has his own father/ babydaddy then naturally he will and should provide maintentance

No Photo

Amir

Mar 28, 2020 18:16

So, was it worth it for the man who married her and brought her to UK, or was it better for him if he didn't find anyone?

Latifa

Mar 29, 2020 12:04

Subhanallah. This is heartbreaking

Falcon

Mar 31, 2020 10:43

@Amir, why would you think that her face is sagging if she is only 34. That is a very chauvinistic thing to say. Don't you think just maybe her ex-husband has a role in why she is acting the way she did (i.e flighty). I am not trying to defend her nor do I always defend women, however I think we should always try to empathize with people (where possible) and give them some benefit of doubt. We also need to avoid stereotyping the opposite s*x if we genuinely wish to have successful relationships.

No Photo

Amir

Mar 31, 2020 15:24

Because a 35 year old recently sent me her photo and her face was sagging - actually whole body cuz I have X-ray vision - but she thought she was a beauty queen. Actually, only last night I realized why I've stalled in the last few years - it's because I've been looking in Muslim countries.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 1, 2020 20:32

I found video calls at least help us determine that we're talking to the right person. Giving money in this case could be a form of charity which in itself has great rewards.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 21, 2020 17:30

๐Ÿ”ฐ๐Ÿ”ฐ๐Ÿ”ฐ
๐Ÿ”ฐ๐Ÿ”ฐ
๐Ÿ”ฐ

#Benefits
ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย 
ย ย ย  ย  ุจุณู… ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุงู„ุฑุญู…ู† ุงู„ุฑุญูŠู…

ย โšฐ๏ธ Every Soul Will Taste Death โšฐ๏ธ

๐ŸŽ™๏ธ Shaykh Abu Abdillah Muhammad ba Jamaal (ุญูุธู‡ ุงู„ู„ู‡ ูˆุฑุนุงู‡) mentioned:

๐Ÿ“"We are all going to face death one day. The most important thing is one is establishing the religion of Allah upon His legislation. And if death comes to you and you are upon goodness, Alhamdulilah! That is the purpose of this life. As Allah says

{ุธูŽู‡ูŽุฑูŽ ุงู„ู’ููŽุณูŽุงุฏู ูููŠ ุงู„ู’ุจูŽุฑู‘ู ูˆูŽุงู„ู’ุจูŽุญู’ุฑู ุจูู…ูŽุง ูƒูŽุณูŽุจูŽุชู’ ุฃูŽูŠู’ุฏููŠ ุงู„ู†ู‘ูŽุงุณู ู„ููŠูุฐููŠู‚ูŽู‡ูู… ุจูŽุนู’ุถูŽ ุงู„ู‘ูŽุฐููŠ ุนูŽู…ูู„ููˆุง ู„ูŽุนูŽู„ู‘ูŽู‡ูู…ู’ ูŠูŽุฑู’ุฌูุนููˆู†ูŽ}

Which translates as:

โœจ "Corruption has appeared throughout the land and sea by [reason of] what the hands of people have earned so He may let them taste part of [the consequence of] what they have done that perhaps they will return [to righteousness]."[Rum:41]

So the reason for this is that one will return to the religion of Allah. Because we are all going to taste death. We may live for a few more days, or weeks, or months or years but after that, we will all taste death. So we have to start preparing for what comes after death, because that is the true life where one will either be (eternally) in bliss or in punishment."

โœจ"๏ดฟูˆูŽุฐูŽูƒู‘ูุฑู’ ููŽุฅูู†ู‘ูŽ ุงู„ุฐู‘ููƒู’ุฑูŽู‰ ุชูŽู†ููŽุนู ุงู„ู’ู…ูุคู’ู…ูู†ููŠู†ูŽ๏ดพ"โœจ

๏ดพAnd remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers.๏ดฟ

https://t.me/Striv4Jannah

https://chat.whatsapp.com/GaN37g7a8cKK36zRj3U5aB

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 22, 2020 00:55

What is that true life...does anyone know?

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.