Helahel

There is something about Al Hijab

There is something about Al Hijab

Jihad Created Mar 14, 2020 17:44
8 Comments

As a man who grew up in The U.S., I am used to seeing women without the hijab. Since embracing Islam, I have become exposed to the Islamic culture and its dress. I have been Muslim for 16 years and seeing a woman wearing a hijab still makes me catch a breath. The beauty of the woman wearing the hijab far surpasses that of one without. Modesty is a quality that should appeal to both men and women. As someone who grew up where modesty has become a rare thing, I long to be around people whom cherish it. Any thoughts?

This topic has 17 comments

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 14, 2020 22:16

If seeing someone in coverings takes your breath away, just use your hijab when you see women wearing coverings then. The idea of covering is so you dont show your beauty...amongst many other reasons. It is no guage of a womans character from my experience, and it is no gauge on men from my experience either.

Jihad

Mar 15, 2020 02:53

So do you think am I wrong for thinking that modesty is beauty?

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 15, 2020 03:16

I didnt say that. Im sure most people have known moments when someone is wearing full garb, yet been off with their behaviour. So, in my experience i take the person for their mind and heart. And im sure you do as well.

No Photo

smartzy1

Mar 15, 2020 12:14

I think trying to distinguish people's behaviour from their physical appearance shouldn't stop us from addressing our concern about the physical appearance.
The two don't sync this days but we still have to address the situation. πŸ˜‘

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 15, 2020 12:30

AD DRESS πŸ˜€πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„
Get it??

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 15, 2020 12:45

Subhann'Allah! AlhammdulliaπŸ™‚ Smartzy, i reckon you could lead by example in your town by wearing full Islamic covering, all the time. That could be a way to address the situation...your young and are the future leaders! It could be a subtle, yet influential way to deal with the issue. Ya never know.

Jihad

Mar 15, 2020 15:44

A Muslim's conduct and dress should be solely for the pleasure of Allah and in accordance with the Quran and The Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad, prayers and peace be upon him. If it is done for no other reason it will be rejected. IFor Example: f I dress a certain way because I see my elders dress that way and want their approval, THAT(their approval) is what I will get.

On the authority of the Commander of the Faithful Abu Hafs Umar ibn al-Khattaab who said: I heard the
Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) saying, "Surely, all actions are but driven by intentions and, verily, every man shall have but that which he intended. Thus, he whose migration was for Allah and His Messenger, [then] his migration was for Allah and His Messenger; and he whose migration was to achieve some worldly benefit or to take a woman in marriage, his migration was for that which he migrated."

Jihad

Mar 15, 2020 19:36

Anyway, I was talking about perspective. As a man who grew up in a "non-islamic" life as opposed to one who grew up in an Islamic life. From my perspective a hijab on a lady has an exotic, rare, unique quality. I would like to perspective of a brother who/grew up in an Islamic life.

No Photo

smartzy1

Mar 15, 2020 21:10

Sis Annabelle. I think I've done that by covering my awrah, get it πŸ˜€

No Photo

smartzy1

Mar 15, 2020 21:22

In fact I was properly covered in my DP πŸ˜‚.
If you're curious about my uncovered head them read here https://islamqa.info/en/answers/68815/praying-in-half-sleeves-and-bare-headed

It'll guide you though without me filling up this thread. 😊

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 15, 2020 21:29

I think you would be a good inflencer of islam. Thats what i was pointing out. πŸ™‚

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 15, 2020 21:30

I wast going off any photo..i dont know yiur life...i just know you would be a positive influence.

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 23, 2020 19:47

jazak allah khayran

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 24, 2020 02:02

I agree with the brother on the importance of hijab and i want to add that i'm very impressed reading that there are muslim men who still understand the importance of hijab and modesty. Most men could marry a non-hijabi. Those are the ones who don't fully understand what hijab means. If I were a man, i would rather die than marry a non-hijabi. Because i dont want to become a dayoos and lose jannah because of it. Hijab is not a choice. It's a fard. Most people don't realize that.
Thanks for your opinion on hijab. It's nice to see muslim men who understand it's quality.

Tchazz87

Apr 1, 2020 18:09

Salam aleikoum.
Yes i share your opinion brother Jihad.modesty in clothes adds a lot in the beauty of women especially the hijab.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 1, 2020 20:11

I love wearing my hijab alhamdulillah. It gives me an excuse to share in about our deen.

A Woman of Contrasts

Apr 11, 2020 08:19

What no one remembers to mention is that wearing the hijab can be dangerous in hot summer heat because it can cause a woman's body to overheat. I know this from experience, fainting in the Egypt summer. Wearing a hijab can be uncomfortable. In Winter, it is not as bad. But no woman should risk her health for a piece of cloth around her head.

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.