Helahel

Hijab + make-up?

Hijab + make-up?

Aliya2000 Created Mar 11, 2020 15:38
11 Comments

Salam!
I would like to ask you about something.
So, I started wear a hijab every day in the end of 2019, because I started to follow Sunnah and Islamic values. I would like to know if wearing hijab with make-up is halal or haram?

This topic has 23 comments

Mohammad Arman

Mar 11, 2020 15:54

Make-up outside of home is not allowed because it attract men towards women...

Amir

Mar 11, 2020 19:19

Salaam.
Simply, make up is allowed only for your future husband. But who will follow that, nowadays Muslims are far away from Islam. Anyway, you look nice, I don't think you will need that.

Crescent

Mar 11, 2020 19:40

Assalamualailum, I believe hijaab with light makeup is okay, I have not reached any hadeeth that prohibits light makeup, but surely it should not go extreme. However wearing perfume is not allowed. Main things are character and honest intentions towards Deen.

Jazak Allah.

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 11, 2020 22:44

Allah loves you the way you are. 🙂

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 11, 2020 22:46

Men dont wear make up so women dont either. Let your natural beauty shine! 🙂🙂

shams

Mar 13, 2020 15:53

I think simple makeup is fine but problem is making wadhu for salah (prayer), every time you make wadhu you need to wash your face and after that re-makeup..so basically many women who do lots of makeups dont pray 5 times...

so in my opinion if you pray five times and do simple makeup its fine.

Also I heard that nail polish is prohibited, any brother or sister in this forum who has authentic reference of hadeeth on nail polish & makeup can share the reference please.

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 13, 2020 15:54

Did they have nail polish back then?

No Photo

Amir

Mar 13, 2020 17:16

Sure, in about 10 years!

No Photo

Amir

Mar 13, 2020 17:22

“Oh threats of Hell and Hopes of Paradise!
One thing at least is certain - This Life flies;
One thing is certain and the rest is Lies -
The Flower that once has blown forever dies.”

Omar Khayyam

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 13, 2020 23:37

One things for certain..this life is a glacial epoch...exremely slow! 😀

Jihad

Mar 14, 2020 02:53

Praise be to Allaah.

Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

Making herself beautiful for her husband is one of the things that a woman should do. The more beautiful a woman looks for her husband, the more that will make him love her and that will create harmony between them. This is one of the objectives of sharee’ah, so if the makeup makes her look more beautiful and does not harm her, there is nothing wrong with that.

But I have heard that make-up can damage the skin of the face and change it in ways that make it look ugly and age the skin prematurely. I hope that women will ask their doctors about that, and if it is proven, then using make-up will be deemed to be either haraam or makrooh at the very least, because everything that causes deformity or makes a person ugly is either haraam or makrooh.

I would like to use this opportunity to discuss nail polish, which forms a layer on the nails. It is not permissible to use this if a woman is praying, because it prevents the water from reaching the nails when doing wudoo’ or ghusl, and it is not permissible to use anything that will prevent water from reaching the skin or nails when doing wudoo’ or ghusl. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“wash your faces and your hands (forearms) up to the elbows…”

[al-Maa’idah 5:6]

So if a woman is wearing nail-polish which prevents water from reaching her nails, then she is not really washing her hands, which means that she has omitted one of the obligatory parts of wudoo’ and ghusl. But if she is not praying, there is nothing wrong with her using it, unless this action is one of the unique characteristics of kaafir woman, in which case it is not permissible because it involves imitating them.

And Allaah knows best.

Jihad

Mar 14, 2020 02:55

By not praying he is talking about menstration.

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 14, 2020 03:27

Always take advice off women with womens business.

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 14, 2020 03:44

Allah wants us all to be as natural as possible..try to build up the confidance to wear no make up and let your beautiful face shine. A person should love you..for you..just as you love them..for them. 😊

Jihad

Mar 14, 2020 04:06

@Annabelle we follow Quran and sunnah. We base our opinions on the Quran and sunnah. We follow the teaching of the sound scholars who follow the Quran and sunnah. You keep giving YOUR opinion. Once Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter we have no option. Ali, may Allah be please with him, said, "If Islam was based upon opinions then we would wipe over the bottom of our kuffs instead of the top."
My advice to you is to stop coming up with your own opinions and start learning Al Islam.

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 14, 2020 04:15

Yeah i do...whoops! 😬😊

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 14, 2020 04:16

Is what i said bad advise?

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 14, 2020 04:18

I think natural beauty is nice. 🙂

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 14, 2020 04:24

Allah says you have no right to change my creations.

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 14, 2020 04:38

My advice was in accordance. 🙂

mohammed

Mar 14, 2020 12:21

. doing makeup like perfume, lipstick, dazzling eye colors, and the like are not permissible to wear in public. In short, any type of adornment which makes a woman look "made-up" and attracts amorous attention is not permissible, as this would defeat the whole purpose of the hijab. Allah knows better.

Jihad

Mar 14, 2020 15:35

@Aliya2000 I actually agree with @Annabelle. I see you in your picture and I see someone who does not need make-up. Alhumdulillah.

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 15, 2020 04:05

Advice....nice..im a poet and i dont even know it! 😄😄☺️😐

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.