Helahel

Whole or Half? - Jannah or Bust!

Whole or Half? - Jannah or Bust!

Peace Guy Created Feb 12, 2020 20:49
14 Comments

Marriage is 50% of the deen. Put another way, anyone who is unmarried is only *half* Muslim (because they are only fulfilling a maximum of half the deen). This is a horrific way to try to get to Jannah. If half of the test is not completed, how will we pass the exam?

I want to be 100% submitter to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ‎). Is there anyone here who feels the same?

Isn't it better to go 100% deen with a half-perfect spouse, than to go half-deen with a 100% chance of being a half-Muslim?

This topic has 14 comments

No Photo

Annabelle

Feb 12, 2020 21:44

Have anyone on here questioned to themselves why its said that marrige is half of deen?!? Think about it. Ive explained this in other postings. There are reasons why that was said.

No Photo

Annabelle

Feb 12, 2020 22:11

Getting married is no guarantee of reaching 100% faith in Allah before you pass, from this world. 😄 There are many ways to reach Jannah.

No Photo

Annabelle

Feb 12, 2020 22:13

Relationships of any kind are there for you to learn how to love. Thats the test put before you...pure and simple.

No Photo

Annabelle

Feb 12, 2020 22:24

Broaden your veiw on the sayings of the prophets and messengers. And your eyes will light up. 🙂

No Photo

Annabelle

Feb 12, 2020 23:38

There will be people that will be in jannah that didn't even have a religion, never married, or had children.... There simply is no guarantee on anything when i comes to living.. except that we will physically pass on from this existence. And the ONLY way to ascend to through the heavens to jannah is to learn to love.

Amir

Feb 13, 2020 00:04

I have two ladies - neither from this site, of course, one Ukrainian and the other from my country. Trying to decide for whole (both) or half (one).

No Photo

Annabelle

Feb 13, 2020 00:39

If you want to enter jannah... its all or none. 😉🙂 Allah says so, just ask him! 😁

smartzy1

Feb 13, 2020 10:05

Alright OP. Just addition to Anabelle's comment, intention matters a lot in Islam. One might not be lucky to get married in life but seriously willing and hope to get married but didn't eventually happen.
So going by that if the person already fulfill 50% of his/her deen then there is still good chance that the person might have 100% of his/her deen.

Note: just an example. The main point is "INTENTION" plays a role in Islam.

No Photo

Annabelle

Feb 13, 2020 10:26

Thankyou Smartzy...i was going to mention intent. Its kinda like you finish my sentences sometimes..or essays.. which ever you like to call them. 😃😀Alhammdullia 🙂

Peace Guy

Feb 13, 2020 20:21

Well, I'm glad there aren't any half-hearted comments on this site! lol

smartzy1

Feb 13, 2020 23:11

Uw people

Farid

Feb 15, 2020 03:09

Marriage is obligatory only in certain situations. It just so happens that we live in an overly sexualized society where those "certain situations" are highly ubiquitous, unfortunately. But I don't think marriage is strictly obligatory in the same way that prayer and fasting are. One Hadith mentions fasting for those who can't get married.

This aspect of the deen can be tricky because fulfilling marriage obviously requires another person. All other required acts in Islam (salat, fasting, hajj, zakat, etc) can be done solo, and Allah has made it very easy for a person to fulfill each obligation regardless of their ability to do so. For example, a person who is very ill in bed can still pray by just moving their eyes up and down. Same for Hajj: you can have someone perform it on your behalf if you are unable to do it yourself.

But if a person is unable to get married because, for example, they are having too much difficulty in finding a spouse, then I don't think it makes you only half a Muslim. I'm not a scholar, so I could be wrong about this. Allah knows best.

Amir

Feb 19, 2020 00:53

That's depressive. I've been single since 2003, but not more than a month or two more. Have a girl in my parents country that I've known and helped out for some time. She has a large family with many girls just in case.

Also, I have a girl in Sumy region of Ukraine whom I met before but at the time, she wasn't ready to marry. If I were even 40, I would go for her, but at my age, I prefer one from my parents' country. But if things don't work out in my parents' country, I will take this one on way back.

"Somewhere my love, there will be songs to sing
Although the snow covers the hope of spring."

This song is from the soundtrack of Doctor Zhivago, which is who I thought I was when I was with my Russian fiancee. She was my Lara. But despite the song of hope both Yuri Zhivago and I lost our Laras (short for Larissa).

Amir

Feb 19, 2020 19:23

Oh, and Doctor Zhivago was released the same year that I was born. Coincidence?

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.