Helahel

Getting to know the partner in halal

No Photo

Getting to know the partner in halal

Mohamed Created Jan 1, 2020 13:45
7 Comments

Assalam alaykom. I want to know something. In this website, people can send private messages to the opposite gender. However, I've learnt through scholars that men and women shouldn't text in private since shaytan is the third one and there is always a risk of temptation. How do you deal with this ? Jazakomollah khayrane.

This topic has 15 comments

No Photo

Deleted User

Jan 1, 2020 15:12

Keep your jinn bottled up. It’s not just in private chat but life in general.

No Photo

Mohamed

Jan 1, 2020 16:03

I'm serious brother. Islam teaches us to get to know someone by involving our folks right ? Not when we're alone because shaytan is the third one. I've learned from scholars that when we chat in private, there can always be a risk of temptation as you're in a khulwa. I just want to understand, that's it. Allah knows best.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jan 1, 2020 16:36

Waalaikumussalam,

That's a good of you for thinking about that mashaAllah, barakallahu fiik. You can ask her their wali's number to be the 3rd party between you both. I used to make a whatsapp group with my wali to continue the discussion in a halal way.

No Photo

Mohamed

Jan 1, 2020 17:09

@Maryam Ma Shaa Allah. That's a good way of keeping things in halal. Barak Allah oufik.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jan 1, 2020 19:18

All forgiving, All merciful..if you feel you have spoken to someone and had lustful thoughts about them, pray for forgiveness, and pray for Allah to give you a cleaner mind. Learn to keep your mind off s*x when talking to the opposite gender.. talk to their spirit within them instead. A halal conversation is when you converse without sexual thoughts. When you are physically in a room alone together, you maybe tempted to think and say sexual things each other, which is something we try to avoid if its a problem for an individual.

smartzy1

Jan 19, 2020 04:07

If you fear bridging the barrier between the two of you then request to make video call with the persons wali before any lengthy communication. If everything is sorted then request to make video call with the person you're onto and verify them.
I still insist there is not excuse for not accepting video call as some will give barrier excuse. Just use the above method and it'll be fine.
PS: in my opinion.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jan 19, 2020 04:17

If you fear that there is absolutely no way that Allah will forgive you for sending a msg the opposite gender.. perhaps dont use this site at all, and strictly use someone else and some other way to get you a partner. Why risk typing a msg to someone, you may never be forgiven for it, right!?!

No Photo

Mohamed

Jan 19, 2020 11:12

If I find a genuine girl here and want to stay halal, what should I do ?

No Photo

Deleted User

Jan 19, 2020 11:22

If you love her, ask her to marry you.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jan 19, 2020 11:25

Mohammad, there has already been advice dispensed to you on this post, so im not sure why you are asking again, when you have been advised.

No Photo

Mohamed

Jan 19, 2020 11:49

Sorry. I meant if I sent a message to someone I'm interested and she replied me, is it okay to ask her directly for marriage ? Or ask here to give me her father's number ? I'm still new here and apparently people here are afraid to run into scammers, so maybe they don't like to give their numbers to strangers.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jan 19, 2020 12:07

Ask your local imam or your friends or your family members.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jan 19, 2020 12:08

Use your knowledge of your religion to make a decision.

Pure Heart

Jan 19, 2020 14:11

Salam Mohamed,

Take Ana’s advice coz its logical, reasonable and safe. Doing anything with a third party is noble n respectful

No Photo

Mohamed

Jan 19, 2020 15:34

@Pure Heart Wa alaykom salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh. Ok in Shaa Allah

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.