Helahel

How to spot a scammer

How to spot a scammer

Fatima. Created Dec 30, 2019 00:05
9 Comments

To spot scammers.
They ask to correspond with them through private email when we can easily chat here; declare their undying love for you when they don't even know you. Some sob story about how all their relatives are ill or dead and they need some money for something... these are some of the tricks they use. They also won't respond at weekends and will often remove their profiles once they quickly get you off the site to communicate))).

This topic has 11 comments

SamirDZ

Dec 30, 2019 14:19

NEVER EVER SEND ONE SINGLE DOLLAR TO ANYBODY = GOLDEN RULE

Amir

Dec 31, 2019 11:44

Scammers are fine, little creatures looking for few bucks, if they get lucky to scam. The moest people here are not rich so they will never get anything.The real scammers are those who want to merry someone just to get out of their life to an easy life. I call them parasites, hypocrites, miserable souls and actors.

No Photo

Deleted User

Jan 1, 2020 11:02

FEW SIGNS OF A SCAMMER
• chat off of the dating site immediately, using personal email, text, or phone
• wire money using Western Union or Money Gram
• set up a new bank account
• You're being rushed
• The discussion is friendly at first but turns romantic very quickly
• Their story, or parts of it, change over time
• They refuse to Skype or video call you, or meet in person
• Eventually, the scammer asks you to lend them money
• They avoid answering personal questions about themselves.
• Their life sounds like a soap opera.
• Go slow
• Long-term doesn't equal risk-free
• There are more technics used and added watch out. If they do not have and old trail on the website, then it is more likely their profile is made up.

No Photo

Nadia_2020

Jan 1, 2020 20:22

OMG be alerted everyone !! This site does not regulate or check anyone !! In this few months I have caught out more than 3 scammers !! Asian sends pics of himself and son says he is a widower. When I talk to him he has an accent Caribbean or African And is listening to an African TV programme !! It turns out stolen pics and a nasty Nigerian scammer nipped him in the bud aswell as a USA oil rig worker and a Dr from New York. !!! All stolen pics and refusing cam calls .

NeedYoungerMan

Jan 2, 2020 23:07

I think some genuine people want to chat on another site right away because maybe the site can go down or because there is no webcam feature here.

Insh123

Jan 4, 2020 02:28

Salam, this is a general message addressed to anyone who reads it. I hope it will make some of you think about the words you use. Because I feel like many of you have some dormant racism in them.

I don't want to be the one to say that but please people, when talking about the various scammers you encounter saying he has an "african" accent doesn't add anything to the story. What you are doing is basically grouping a whole continent of 53 countries and 1.2 billion people. Don't be bigoted.

If you are 100% certain that the person comes from Nigeria then sure if you feel the need to mention it go ahead. I would argue that you are just painting a bad image of genuine brothers coming from that country as well but it's your freedom and I won't infringe on it.

The accent from Nigeria is totally different from Niger or even Cameroon which are their closest neighbor. Again I know you are trying to explain what happened to you but as muslims we should be mindful of our words. Because some people with lesser brain cells will start to think "people from Africa are all scammers" that's not only bigoted but highly stupid.

No Photo

zanat

Jan 4, 2020 10:00

Salam @insh...you are right it's not good to generalize everybody even I have been scammed by most Asians here but I don't like mentioning that coz I feel like it's not important and not everyone is a scam from Asia so it's good to mind how we comment at times we are all here for the same goal and may Allah SWT help us all in shaa Allah

smartzy1

Jan 4, 2020 19:21

As an Africans and a Nigerians I think we have to deal with our fate (Al-qadar) it's not their fault.
We've been dealing with this tags for ages. It's sad but it's just the reality. 😁
Can we question Allah?!
Even Bilal Ibn Rabah faced this as well.
If I am to joke with these situation then I'll say maybe we'll always double in rewards for our good deeds as a black people hahaha just joking tho.

You can check this page to read more on racism;
http://racisminislam.com/racist-statements-unacceptable.html

smartzy1

Jan 4, 2020 19:22

Pardon my plural usage it way a typo err

No Photo

Deleted User

Jan 5, 2020 13:33

Asalaamu Alaikum to all my dear brothers and sister on this website, I give my parting (leaving) a gift to everyone on this website. If I have hurt anyone feeling, I beg your forgiveness. All the video poems by Masood Saeed (Jowj) I am also well known by my nickname Raqi Saeed (Raqi is a title, not a name) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLI_GyYUZc1YYgKuO3sFJvr1RoqJ7ixIIj

ENIGMA

Jan 5, 2020 17:18

#Jowj
I wish you the best bro.

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.