Helahel

Phone Verification

Phone Verification

Helahel Admin Created Apr 23, 2019 09:09
13 Comments

We are interested to hear if users would be interested in us adding a paid verification system to the site. For a small fee we would enable users to verify themselves via mobile phone. To encourage user to verify themselves those who are unverified would be limited to only sending a couple of messages a day. Does this seem like a good idea?

This topic has 16 comments

Ahmad3940

Apr 23, 2019 09:47

Dear Admin
Keeping this site and it's all services totally free of cost is what makes it unique. This is no doubt an awesome website with easy abd simple features. And you deserved more than just a simple credit for it. The best site available, I must say.
The idea of a paid verification isn't good at all, or at least for the time being because you already have low numbers of people on here. I'm afraid if you do, this site may fail.
However, I have another suggestion: I've noticed that lots of people registered here but then disappeared after sometime never to come back. Even if somebody tries to contact a person no longer active here, there is no way to reach him unless he or she visits this site back by chance. If you can please link the message alert notification with the email addresses of the people which they registered with here, this will not only bring back many people who have left this site but also increase the number of your users.
I really pray to Almighty Allah to bless you with a big reward for doing this amazing job through your website.
Jazaak Allah
Thank you.

Peace Guy

Apr 23, 2019 10:13

Phone numbers are disposable. Every scammer has a phone just like every sincere member on this site. Scammers can have several phones, or "borrow" one from a victim, or even steal a phone to get verified, so a "verification" would not prove anything.

Furthermore, such fees and limitations would be against the principles of the Helahel goal:

100% Free:
"Helahel is one of the very few Muslim matrimony sites which are completely free...At Helahel, we don’t put a price on a matrimonial match! Our site is completely free to sign up to and will give you instant access to all profiles. So, put your credit card away because all we want is for you to find your perfect marriage match!...At Helahel we pride ourselves on being one of the only truly free Muslim matrimonial sites for single muslims."

Muslim Principles:
"At Helahel, we want to help build strong relationships built on shared principles and trust, which is why this site is completely free to use...Choose Helahel as your number one site for Muslim marriages and be safe in the knowledge that you will benefit from the following:

100% FREE"

All of the above facts would be nullified by a "verification fee" and/or any limitations on messages. I wouldn't want 100% trustworthy to become 80% trustworthy, 20% greedy.

Please keep Helahel 100% free.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ‎) bless the Helahel team for providing a free way to match Muslims - Ameen!

bakhan1

Apr 23, 2019 10:21

i would suggest verification using some sort of id as well as social media verification

No Photo

Amir

Apr 23, 2019 21:35

I agree 100% and it will add too much credibility to the site because 99% of the profiles here are fake, sorry to say that. I hope you don't charge andy things. I have to say here that your website is good website technically speaking and this small step will make the website more credible and successful one amongst others.

I would like to see profiles verified with a phone number, with that we as users will know the others and where they live. But you must not use their phone numbers in any commercial goals. I would like to give an idea how you will do that, when someone want to make a profile, you as usual ask for an email address and a password. After making the profile you will ask the person to fill in your website a phone number and you, the website send via sms to the person a verification code. When he/she do that please let us see that, like a green star appears in their profiles.

I have one more thing to add as an idea, it is very important thing for everyone. As you can see I have no picture in my profile and the reason for that, your site does not protect my pictures from being stolen. Everyone can copy my pictures and pasted somewhere. Today I saw multiple profiles here with the same pictures.

I didn't report them because I know they will make more in few minutes. A verified profile via an sms code is a must for the site. Anyway, I would like to thank the people behind this website to help us to find a partner. Jazakom Allah alif khere.

Amir

Apr 24, 2019 05:07

Nearly all websites do email verification upon first sign up, and since anymore, it's not possible to create emails without SMS, a simple code to do email verification would be sufficient for the new signers

No Photo

Deleted User

May 23, 2019 00:58

Anything or everything is is a great idea if only anything or everything is free

Ramadan Kareem...

This Layla Al qadr helahel admin will be in Dua , please brothers and sisters , don't forget to add or ask Dua for our all helahel admins who are providing free for the sake of Allah.

What else they need when members Dua on theirs side , so let the fee be free Dua be your dowry (heartly)

Arslan

May 23, 2019 06:37

No admin it should be free of cost everything and no limit for messages

No Photo

Deleted User

May 23, 2019 21:02

please admin.despite looking at leaving soon due to.no serious from.the ladies.but i want to ask tou to add verification such as facebook log in.also my.original email was blocked by you admin and i had to open another account.when.acxount are been blocked ot should be deleted so the user can re use the email.i did not know why i.was blocked and cant acceaa the acxount.
please so.something about it.

Mohamed

May 24, 2019 04:03

As far as I know the admins are not Muslims

Naser

May 25, 2019 01:14

Mohamed -
Lets assume admin(s) is not Muslim, so what? Aren't you using your free-speech right now? When you get sick doctor prescribes medicine that are mostly made in Christian countries as well as clothing you wear.. so why are you using them, why are you using cell phone or computer!?! If you don't like it simply delete your profile.

- Be kind, be a human and show your love to all.

Naser

May 25, 2019 01:47

I totally support the idea of a healthy site, very much so! The question is, can spammers use Google or Skype phone and still be verified?

What the cost of verification will be?
Is it possible to use WhatsApp or Facebook for verification without members absorbing the cost?
How safe people will feel to putout their credit card number?
What percentage of people actually own a credit card?

I personally think people should take steps carefully and detect scammers and report them to admin or ignore their email.

Warm regards.

Mohamed

May 25, 2019 15:43

@Nasser Lol .. what is that attitude... some brother was praying for them in the layalt Al qadar .. which is not Wright

You should be calm and think and read before you hit the buttons with mashallah kids attitude... And for using telephones and technology I am engineer who contribute to this technology ..what have you done to it ? Maybe you should delete your account and live in a cave

And "be human " lol what have I done which can be labeled non human .. if non Muslim is saying he is non Muslim how come I say he is ?? And treat him as Muslim ? I should treat him as human and have mutual respect and from my side I should perform قسط which is higher level of justice and even احسان .. kindness but not do do'aa for him in layalt Al qadar.

And I don't know why you want to marry Muslims and you wrote other in religion section ?.. are you Muslim in the first place ?

Theslver

May 25, 2019 19:36

I have a second suggestion.
Why not make it as an application, not only a Web site, because everyone now using smart phones .
I hope to see it as an application in the Android & iPhone store .

No Photo

Deleted User

May 25, 2019 20:21

Judgemental or analytical or statistics or statical folks, kindly talk with reference or shut up and just fast, Ramadan kareem.

We don't want to be shown super heroes here, just be a supreme Islamic human being practising behind and front of curtains.

Please kindly don't be a picky nuisance judgmental.

Thanks.

abdulbasit

Jun 2, 2019 00:58

Assalaamu Alaykum,
I agree 100% and it will add credibility to the site and reduce scammers on site but the fee should just be once and mostly economic friendly.
I, in my opinion, don't think that the messaging feature should be allowed to unverified users.

Naser

Jun 3, 2019 19:12

You can also check people ISBN and see if their location matches location of their ISBN.

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.