Helahel

The essence of consultation.

No Photo

The essence of consultation.

Mukrim Created Feb 17, 2019 15:52
8 Comments

Asalamualykm to all. The islamic sharia stipulates that there is no marriage without the consent of a wali (male guardian)your father and those related to you from your fathers side like your grandfather, uncle,brother if the father is dead. Now my point is why dont the sisiters here after agreeing with a man give their wali phone number to the man and let him talk to the wali...in this case I suppose the scammers will be detected easily..suggestions please.

This topic has 12 comments

No Photo

Deleted User

Feb 17, 2019 18:07

Yes you are right.
I'm doing it now. This is very effective way to eliminate player.

No Photo

Mukrim

Feb 17, 2019 18:12

Jazakillah kher for complying..kudos

No Photo

Mukrim

Feb 17, 2019 18:12

Jazakillah kher for complying..kudos @ upit

Ahmedz

Feb 18, 2019 00:57

If it was a scammer then could they not have a fake wali in place?

No Photo

Deleted User

Feb 18, 2019 07:18

First of all, I agree with Ahmedz, they could have fake wali easily.
Second, there are different cases, for example, if I don't have any male relative, and I am actually a reverted person, so might be when family doesn't welcome that, so, what should I do in such case?

Mumtaz02

Feb 18, 2019 07:51

I don't have wali

No Photo

Mukrim

Feb 18, 2019 09:24

Elaborating on this issue, the eminent Muslim scholar, Sheikh Muhammad `Ali Al-Hanooti, Former Member of the North American Fiqh Council, states:

Islam stipulates, in order to conclude a marriage contract, that a Muslim bride must have a guardian or wali, who is usually her father.

Since a woman is often subject to the desires of the ill-hearted and evil opportunists, Islam has prescribed certain legislations which would maintain her rights and deter those whom carry ill-aims and desires.

Therefore, Islam gave great importance to the approval of the woman’s guardian to ensure that a woman exercises her choice correctly.

The only recommendation for any female convert is to consult some reliable Muslim men in order to learn what is needed about the fiancée. The Imam who is documenting the marriage could be the replacement of what is needed in a wali or guardian.

In general, the Qur’an, when addressing a female’s marriage, refers to society. That means she is not supposed to make her decision for marriage unless that society or community would have no [valid] objection to her marriage. The Qur’an in addressing a male’s marriage speaks to him as the direct contractor. When he speaks to a female, the Quran makes her an indirect contractor.

In this context, Sheikh M. S. Al-Munajjid, a prominent Saudi Muslim lecturer and author, adds:

When a woman converts to Islam, none of her non-Muslim family members can act as a guardian (wali) of her interests; no disbeliever can act in this capacity over a Muslim.

If there is a Muslim with some authority in your area over the affairs of the Muslim community, then he can act in this capacity, based on the Prophet’s (peace and blessings be upon him) hadith, “No marriage contract can be concluded without the presence of a wali. A Sultan (authority figure) may act as a wali for those without one.” (Ibn Majah and Imam Ahmad)

If there is no authoritative Muslim person, then one should refer to the community Muslim leader or any Muslim who is just, respected, and of high character, such as the director of the Islamic center or its imam, to conclude the marriage contract of this sister, with her consent.

Allah Almighty knows best.

Editor’s note: This fatwa is from Ask the Scholar’s archive and was originally published at an earlier date.

no one

Feb 18, 2019 12:09

well, if it's me then i'd rather him to come to my house n ask my parents for this matter instead of giving him my dad's number, someone's words cnt be easily trusted, so if he really wants to then come to my house with ur parents.

No Photo

Deleted User

Feb 18, 2019 13:59

Sister @no one
I would love to the same thing with you, but to me that's final step.
What I'm talking is early step.
After i talk 2 or 3 times then i will say my wali wants to meet you. If player, they will runaway, the real one will make appointments.
And i will use my number or my skype, not theirs.

no one

Feb 18, 2019 16:15

oh yes, of course we need to talk to him like to know how's his personality, is he a genuine person or has another motive behind, or any of that, i just meant, in case of wali thing, i won't give him my dad's number, i won't even trust a person who wants to marry me by him talking through a phone call or a video call to my dad, don't even care if he's far enough from my place or not, but if he's willing to, he has to come all the distance to talk to my parents, introduce who he is, his parents, things he does in life n all that, n this is not really being a final decision too, i mean if he's showing me to get closer to my parents genuinely then we can proceed more. so, instead of phone number, i'll give him my address, u know 😀

good muslim

Feb 27, 2019 13:28

i agree with you the sister should give the phone numbers of their wali to suitors to easily detect scam or asked the man to visit to visit their house and meet their parents if they are ready to get married.

No Photo

Deleted User

Feb 27, 2019 15:53

Tell him you should talk two person one is your father second is your area police officer.

If yes and done tell him they have collected all his records so let's meet , definitely in first or second case he will be clear bold if he is play or whatever boy he is.

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.