Helahel

Separating Politics From Our Scholars: Take knowledge from duat in West like who?

No Photo

Separating Politics From Our Scholars: Take knowledge from duat in West like who?

islamisdeen Created Sep 14, 2018 05:41
33 Comments

Ma sha Allaah, very nicely explained by our noble brother Khalid Green hafithahullah. I think it helps us to open our horizon for learning our deen, In sha Allaah.

Points that, brother explained:

1. Ulamah does not make Political policies. Even salafi scholars does not make policies in Saudi Arabia.
2. Ulamah encourage the sunnah of the prophet Muhammad salAllahu alayhe wa sallam. Not to cause fitnah, neither to rebel, nor they are policy makers.
3. Scholars do not loose but the people loose once they stay way from ulamah and leave them.
4. No one is infallible. Our job is not to defend anyone or any shaykh on their mistakes. Rather if they are wrong and you have ability and tools then you can look in the issue. If not, and other mashaikh have explained the mistake then you can simply say that I don't own that.
5. We measure Individuals because of the truth, not because of their nationality or status or race.
6. Take knowledge from anyone who adheres the book of Allaah, and the sunnah of the messenger of Allaah salAllaahu alayhe wa sallam (with authentic isnaad) and method of the salaf of the ummah. And if they are NOT known from making many mistakes in their da'wah then take from them.

7. Anything you learn from ulamah then compare it what Muhadith shaykh albaani, shaykh ibn baaz, shaykh uthaymeen, shaykh muqbil (rahimahumAllaah) taught.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03bIbyQs30c

From Me: Keeping in mind that yes the ulamah mentioned above are kibaar and rabbaniyyeen but there are other ulamah and major muhaditheen as well not mentioned in this Like Muhadith Hafith Zubair Ali Zay rahimahullah.

This topic has 33 comments

zea

Sep 14, 2018 10:32

Asalamu aylukum brother who is this Khalid green and where he has explained it

No Photo

islamisdeen

Sep 14, 2018 20:19

wa alaikum salam wa rahmatuAllaah

Brother Khalid Green:

"Studied in Yemen Sh Muqbil Bin Hadi, Sh Abdullah Adeni, Sh Abdul Muhsin Al-Abbad, Sh Abdurazak Al-Abbad, Sh Ibrahim And Sh Suliman Al-Rehaili, Sh Ubaid Al-Jaberi, Sh Muhamad Al-aqeel, Sh Salah Al-Suheemi Sh Salah Al-Abood, Sh Aied Al-Shamri, Sh Saeed Al-Halayl and many others in Al-Madina by Allah's grace, Also graduate of Institute For Studying Kitab Wa Sunnah in Jeddah Saudi Arabia, MA Islamic Studies UNISA"

So this actually make him real student of knowledge. May Allaah preserve him and increase him in knowledge, Allaahumma ameen. One of the best thing is if you really want to study you can study with him through youtube lectures and the books he teach, even sitting from the relaxation of your home, office or any where you want too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/greenkhalid

zea

Sep 15, 2018 04:46

Asalamu aylukum brother may Allah bless you ameen you really gave me a wonderful information may Allah reward you for that. The above mentioned scholars you mentioned many of them teach in haram nabawi that means he must have learned there may Allah protect him and you ameen

zea

Sep 15, 2018 04:48

Brother lastly you mentioned UNISA in jeddah what is that

No Photo

islamisdeen

Sep 15, 2018 05:42

wa alaikum salam wa rahmatuAllaah, yes brother zea, brother khalid green hafithahullah is a real student of knowledge (unlike me). So you can stick to him and learn about different aspects of deen. He teach ilm taken from real ulamah:

https://www.youtube.com/user/greenkhalid

Its been a while i have checked his youtube channel, because i have been seeing other knowledge stuff. However, i usually do hear what the brother have to say because of his in depth knowledge, al-hamdulillah.

He did M.A Islamic studies in UNISA. UNISA is not in Jeddah, i think its some where in Africa.
https://www.unisa.ac.za/sites/corporate/default

UNISA is an online study website. That is what i found about it, wallahu a'alam.

If i found the thorough article about Br. Khalid Green hafithahullah that from where he got his knowledge and education from, his tazkiya, In sha Allaah i will share that as well.

zea

Sep 15, 2018 05:50

Thank u brother common brother you are better than every body at least in this website what about your thoughts on Zad academy runned from Saudi Arabia few people are raising questions over it Alhamdullah I am following it but I found it really meaningful

No Photo

islamisdeen

Sep 15, 2018 08:26

Brother Zea, first of all there is something called a person who is a real student of knowledge. Meaning he's constantly learning treatise or short books from real scholars. So they know what they are talking about and they have studied with real scholars.

So i am not that person, i may know few things from here and there because of love for my deen and love for the manhaj of salafiyyah and because of constantly listening to ulamah, mashaiykh or student of knowledge but i ain't a proper student of knowledge. Just wanted to clarify that.

As far about Zad Academy i think this one of a general nasihah by brother Khalid Green can be beneficial for seeking ilm from anyone at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_I5ySjRwPM
Stop The Tacky Conferences, And Get Back To Real Ilm' (AL-MAGHRIB INSTITUTE, Al-Huda Etc)

Just keep this in your mind that while listening to anyone if an aalim/scholar is from ahlul sunnah wal jamaa'h and jumhoor ulamah of truth have not refuted him or told ikhwaan to stop listening from him then you can take anything about deen from him as long his aqeedah is correct and he makes less mistakes and do the ruju. However, if the situation is contrary to that and the person is from ahlul sunnah wal jama'ah and jumhoor ulamah of truth have refuted him and told people to stop listenin from him because of his aqaaid mistakes or he makes more mistakes and does not ruju' from the mistakes then stop listening from him.

Apart of that major statement in our deen is anything that comes through Qur'an and sunnah upon the methodology of salaf as saalih (pious predecessors) with authentic isnaad and how the jumhoor ulamah have interpreted it, that's how to learn and take your deen. wallahu a'alam.

zea

Sep 15, 2018 09:43

No my brother I have great respect for you i have been student of haram nabawi under shiekh mohsin alabbad sh abdur Razak abbad sh abood sh Shatri etc but truly speaking of myself I am really no where as compared to you brother I am not exaggerating in this because I have studied under the graduates of madina university I didn't here in Kashmir I didn't found even them that depth in hadith knowledge I am truthful about this regarding Zad academy is runned by shiekh Salah Munujid he is head of it there are people like shiekh asim luqman Hakeem and others I have listened Audo tapes of on you tube they did not advice to register on Zad academy I was confused about that That why I asked you please check it on you I Zad academy I feel there is nothing wrong with it

zea

Sep 15, 2018 09:46

What is this al magrib institute and huda I think this is of Dr father hashmi isn't it

zea

Sep 15, 2018 09:57

Sorry I made spelling mistake I wrote dr father instead of dr farhat hashmi

zea

Sep 15, 2018 10:08

Brother I will tell you one story why I have so much regard for you i was many years ago in makkah and I had a question I met one of the guy he was studying in unml qura university in makkah he didn't answer me my question and said me ask the shiekh. So it's not only learning knowelde from scholars but I think rather you should also have intelligence also which unfortunately I am lacking a lot I hope it would be clear now inshallah

zea

Sep 15, 2018 10:15

Shiekh Salah Munujid has taught tafser in four levels there in Zad academy I hope you got it I mean they have. Mustava 1,2 ,3,4 I, e levels I hope you would check it inshallah it would be clear

No Photo

islamisdeen

Sep 15, 2018 11:00

Brother Zea, i don't want to continue on that but the shuyyukh you named, they are the real scholars and if you have been able to study under them then ma sha Allaah. May Allaah increase you in love of knowledge. I do have love of hadith so i know more about hadith then the ilm of Qur'an. Listening to muhaditheen and reading their tahqeeq and their students have helped me a lot, alhamdulillah. But i am not a proper student of knowledge.

Brother i just want to say lets just stop here. Because if you continue on that path then there is no shaykh that didn't make mistakes. Even Hafith Ibn hazar asqalaani and Imam nawawi, hafith ibn katheer rahimahumAllaah had mistakes or mutafarridaat. So do not go on that path.

Because akhi, this is the path where if a person's mouth start open against ulamah then they don't leave it anyone and don't keep their mouth close when talking about ulamah.

So for example there are ikhwaan talking about islamqa.info. So people talk about different things in it praising of founder of ikhwan al-muslimeen etc. So what i do is follow the same principle i told you above which was:

"just keep this in your mind that while listening to anyone if an aalim/scholar is from ahlul sunnah wal jamaa'h and jumhoor ulamah of truth have not refuted him or told ikhwaan to stop listening from him then you can take anything about deen from him as long his aqeedah is correct and he makes less mistakes and do the ruju. However, if the situation is contrary to that and the person is from ahlul sunnah wal jama'ah and jumhoor ulamah of truth have refuted him and told people to stop listenin from him because of his aqaaid mistakes or he makes more mistakes and does not ruju' from the mistakes then stop listening from him.

Apart of that major statement in our deen is anything that comes through Qur'an and sunnah upon the methodology of salaf as saalih (pious predecessors) with authentic isnaad and how the jumhoor ulamah have interpreted it, that's how to learn and take your deen. wallahu a'alam."

zea

Sep 15, 2018 11:35

Mashaallah I understood what you said and inshallah I would be following it but you did not explain me al magrib institute and huda please do explain these two

No Photo

islamisdeen

Sep 15, 2018 13:58

brother zea, in my view al-maghrib institute, yasir qadhi and co. are not the ikhwaan from whom the ilm should be taken. They are the those of english speaking ikhwaan, actually i have talked about before that they are cutting the ummah from scholars. And one of sign of those ikhwaan is when they say saudi kibaar ulamah only knows what is happening in Saudi Arabia. So they are the ulamah for saudi youth and people. They don't know the culture, they don't know what you are going through, so choose the scholar who is living your life. So if you are living in America, ask from the scholars who are Americans etc etc.

Such are the their typical sign and you would know they are the du'aat from whom the ikhaan and youth should stay away.

Check this short video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV_kh8eHskw
Yasir Qadhi: Do Not Outsource Scholarship - Insource It! Shaykh Fawzaan Answers

zea

Sep 15, 2018 14:21

Oky fine I agree with you about this what about huda what was that

zea

Sep 15, 2018 14:26

And I want you should guide me about intermidate level specially in Arabic but if it is in urdu or English you can mention those is well as long as they are at intermidate level. Brother can you tell me any address who teach Arabic poetery may Allah bless you

No Photo

islamisdeen

Sep 15, 2018 15:24

Brother Zea, i don't know about huda, the more we talk like that, the more we get indulge into ghaybah, without any sharai exception. Better is to indulge yourself into beneficial seeking of knowledge.

If you want to learn generally speaking arabic then this is a good place to learn from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0eo6wlpP9M
MADINAH ARABIC for URDU Speakers - Book 2 - Day 1 - 2016 - 2017 - Ustad Abdus Salam (from india)

http://ashabulhadith.com/main/arabic/02-al-ajrumiyyah/
Ajroomiyyah | Arabic Grammar Course | Shaykh Murtuza Baksh (حفظه الله)

Qarnain

Sep 15, 2018 15:42

ASSALAAMU ALAYKUM: but islam is a political "way of life"[religion]' cause politics mean the rulings[governance] over a particular country or community or the consultation or route that lead to such governance, so since islam is a complete way of life' and scholars are the inheritors[who inherited knowledge] of the prophet[pbuh] in islam' who did used only islam[Quran and Sunnah] to govern[or ruled] over a whole country and community, so therefore scholars must never separate from politics and should never separate themselves' this is why sheikh bin baaz[ra] used to always advice the rulers of saudi in his time and the rulers would always consult him' cause ALLAH clearly says: and who they dealings are dealt with by consultations

Qarnain

Sep 15, 2018 16:05

(and who (conduct) their affairs by mutual consultation) [Ash-Shura, 38]

Qarnain

Sep 15, 2018 16:08

O you who believe! Enter perfectly in Islam (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaitan (Satan). Verily! He is to you a plain enemy.[surah2 v208]

zea

Sep 15, 2018 16:42

Brother islamdeen I don't mean by learning Arabic language but Alhamdullah I have Learned the langauge by Allah's grace may be your are not familiar with this sort there are levels to learning Arabic language also in the beginning you learn sarf and nahw and then the same nahw and sarf is learned in advanced life like books of alfiyah, nahw wadis Kafka. Ajrumiyah and sarf books shafiya then there is balaga section like Darsul balaga balaga wadiha and others then finally you learn Arabic poetery that is what i wanted you to send me the link of poetry you are sending me the Arabic level of primary level arabic murtaze bakash and Abdus salam hope you understood my point don't fear brother we are not doing the gabaya of anybody but we are exchanging ilm inshaallah

zea

Sep 15, 2018 16:45

I want advance level Arabic poetery brother if anybody has link please share it with me brother qarnain if you know the link please share may Allah bless both of you islamdeen and qarnain ameen

zea

Sep 15, 2018 18:10

Sorry brother I made few spelling mistakes in above comments hopefully you would have understood now what I want link of lectures of advanced Arabic poetery like Saba muallaqat if any body has please share link or website in whatever language Arabic English Urdu

No Photo

islamisdeen

Sep 15, 2018 23:42

Brother zea, ma sha Allaah, i didn't know about such level of arabic learning. I only knew about sarf and nahw. That is why i tell you that i am not a proper student of knowledge. Because i haven't even learned sarf or nahw. And what you have mentioned about books in both, that is ma sha Allaah a good way learn the ilm. As far finding something about poetry you can youtube it yourself to get better hands on it because you know what is better for you and what is not better for you. However, still i found this, so i am sharing it with you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XeDTo9ZruM
Arabic language poetry explanation || Al-mutanabbi: Lion Smiling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx2SGZt9JkY
Arabic Poetry Walk Through || Nizaar Qabbani #ArabicLiteraTuesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GuFs_3X_4o
Arabic Poetry Course Snippet

You can email this brother about finding some stuff about arabic poetry:
Learningd33n@gmail.com

I found poetry like nooniyyah by ibn al-qayyim rahimahullah but i couldn't find the explanation through sarf and nahw and balagha. So I am sure you already know about nooniyyah but the real thing is if some brother has explained that, that would be beneficial for you.

However, we pray that may Allaah give us the love of our deen and love of arabic language, Allaahumma ameen.

No Photo

islamisdeen

Sep 16, 2018 00:24

wa alaikum salam wa rahmatuAllaah,

brother Qarnain, Islam does have political aspect no one can deny that. But Islam came for believing in ulohiyyah (worship) and ruboobiyyah (lordship) and asma-o-wissifaat (names and attributes) of Allaah.

Once these two component of sharia would be spread in people and masses will have awareness about it and would be ready to rule upon them. Then comes the aspect of our deen, al-hakimiyyah (govern, rule) according to Islam.

Keep in mind we do talk about saudi Arabia of today, about its peace, about sharia being enforced there (most of it) but we do not see that imaam ibn abdul wahhab rahimahullah actually gave the da'wah of tawhid and negation of shirk to saudi people century before and the end result is today we are seeing. ((even though today saudi Arabia is getting inspired from westernized way of thinking a lot, may Allaah help them and ulamah there, Allaahumma ameen)).

Here is an evidence for what i am talking about. Allaah says in Qur'an:

وَعَدَ اللَّـهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا مِنكُمْ وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ لَيَسْتَخْلِفَنَّهُمْ فِي الْأَرْضِ كَمَا اسْتَخْلَفَ الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِهِمْ وَلَيُمَكِّنَنَّ لَهُمْ دِينَهُمُ الَّذِي ارْتَضَىٰ لَهُمْ وَلَيُبَدِّلَنَّهُم مِّن بَعْدِ خَوْفِهِمْ أَمْنًا ۚ يَعْبُدُونَنِي لَا يُشْرِكُونَ بِي شَيْئًا

translation: Allah has promised those among you who believe, and do righteous good deeds, that He will certainly grant them succession to (the present rulers) in the earth, as He granted it to those before them, and that He will grant them the authority to practice their religion, that which He has chosen for them (i.e. Islam). And He will surely give them in exchange a safe security after their fear (provided) they (believers) worship Me and do not associate anything (in worship) with Me.

(surah noor 24 ayah 55)

If you analyze this verse, you will see Allaah azza wa jallah says to Muslims do two things and if they do that then Allaah will bless them with 3.

Muslims should:
1. Worship Allaah meaning al-ulohiyyah of Allaah.
2. Stay away from shirk.

Once Muslims would do that, and da'wah of worship of Allaah (tawhid) and negation and denial of shirk would be spread in massas. Allaah will bring these things.

1. Shariah,
2. Sharai khilafah who will establish the hakimiyyah of Allaah (enforce the hukum and rule of Allaah). ((i am not talking about the self-made khilafah)
3. Peace.

So according to this verse and many other verses, our job is not to do effort for al-hakimiyyah, and political aspect rather our job is to work for al-ulohiyyah, and rubobiyyah of Allaah and also for negation and denial of shirk. And once it is spread in masses, Allaah will give us benefit to us with shariah, khilafah and peace. Since we are not doing what Allaah told us to do, so Allaah is not bringing shariah or sharai khilaafah in us.

No Photo

islamisdeen

Sep 16, 2018 00:28

In another verse of al-qur'an Allaah says:

إِنَّ اللَّـهَ لَا يُغَيِّرُ مَا بِقَوْمٍ حَتَّىٰ يُغَيِّرُوا مَا بِأَنفُسِهِمْ ۗ

Allah will not change the good condition of a people as long as they do not change their state of goodness themselves (by committing sins and by being ungrateful and disobedient to Allah).

(surah ar-ra'd 13 ayah 11)

Meaning unless we change our condition from good to bad, it is not Allaah that give us punishment. Before it was the da'wah of tawhid. So we changed it into politics and all these ikhwan al-muslimeen, hizb at-tahreer, al-muhajiroon and other groups.. these small political groups, their slogan is nothing but political aspect or call for shariah, shariah, shariah. Even they don't know themselves that shariah is basically composed of da'wah of tawhid and negation of shirk, love of sunnah and hatred for bida'ah.

Since people are not bringing them to da'wah of haq so Allaah is not bringing khilafah, like Allaah azza wa jallah explained in surah noor ayah 55.

may Allaah azza wa jallah guide us on the correct methodology and understanding of our deen, Allaahumma ameen.

zea

Sep 16, 2018 04:38

Asalamu aylukum brother thanks brother I think this time you got it and inshallah I would be checking whatever you mentioned me , but keep gudeing me about hadith knowledge even though I have learned the Arabic but my hadith knowledge is very week may Allah help us all ameen

zea

Sep 16, 2018 05:30

And by the way i did also mention to our brother in Islam nativewolf wolf that being Arab does not mean you have comprehend the langauge as whole it is wide spread misconception amongst non Arabs that if someone is Arab he understands everything of Arabic as I have mentioned you there are levels to learning it even the academy I am following Zad academy it teaches Arabic in Arabic at same four levels as it teaches hadith tafser seerah tarbaya FAQ that would make clear to our brothers and sisters even Arabs have to learn the grammar of it then there is balaga section and Arabic poetery just imagine my brothers and sisters Zad academy covers only nahw in these 4 levels without sarf balaga poetery each level having 24 lectures and second thing speaking Arabic is different from classical Arabic which is learned for understanding Quran and sunnah this one is called fusha while the speaking Arabic it all differs within the Arab regions in harm nabwi for students of knowledge who are mostly Arabs they teach them Ajrumiyah then alfiyah ibn Malik I think we should all try to learn fusa classical Arabic then may be speaking Arabic after that hope it would be clear because this topics is not clear to most of people even Arabs who are not familiar with circle of knowledge or have not been exposed to this type of subject in schools are not familiar with it

zea

Sep 16, 2018 06:24

Brother islamdeen may Allah bless you has qari suhaib mohmmadi taught any book to students if yes please mention that

ally

Sep 17, 2018 07:25

ppl r changing their lives through media and the media is politics unless they stop watching the media frist step

Qarnain

Sep 22, 2018 07:50

govern
ˈɡʌv(ə)n/Submit
verb
conduct the policy, actions, and affairs of (a state, organization, or people) with authority.
"he was incapable of governing the country"
synonyms: rule, preside over, be in power over, reign over, control, exercise control over, have control of, be in control of, be in charge of, command, hold sway over, hegemonize, lead, be the leader of, dominate, run, head, direct, administer, order, manage, regulate, guide, conduct, oversee, supervise, superintend, be at the helm of, steer, pilot; More// jazaakahlaahu khairan for your reply' but as you can see above' that order and rule are two synonyms that are under the definition of govern and governance the noun along with the route of consultation or any kind of route that lead us to the state of governance' and this is the clear definition of politics' so my brother islamisdeen i fully understood that presented the use of alhakimiyyah only on a state level, but my point now is that alhakimiyyah started long before the state level, alhakimiyyah[consultation,govern[rule and order],] was all display within the revelations of Allah to presented tawhid to the prophet[pbuh] in the first in the makkan era' ex. So know (O Muhammad SAW) that La ilaha ill-Allah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah), and ask forgiveness for your sin, and also for (the sin of) believing men and believing women. And Allah knows well your moving about, and your place of rest (in your homes). surah muhammad[saw] verse19' even though this maybe a meccan surah, but the aspect of tawhid[ibaadah] is clearly order[govern] in this surah to muhammad[saw] along with six other orders was given ex.1 order to seek knowledge of La ilaha ill-Allah and2. also an order to acknowledge La ilaha ill-Allah after one seek the knowledge of it 3. an order to negate the worship of all things and 4.except the order of affirmation of worship for Allah alone and then 5. the order to the prophet[saw] to seek forgiveness for himself 6. an order to seek forgiveness for believing men and 7. final order to seek forgiveness for believing women also. another ex. is surah 96 with the first couples of ayah to reveal' clearly indicating Allah giving orders to read or recite and the order to mention ALLAH's name' then the dawah started when Allah order the prophet[pbuh] to rise and warn but before the order to consult the pagan arab and do dawah Allah gave him[saw]general ruling to do bodily and clothes purification' conclusion: my point is that alhakimiyyah[consultation,govern-orders and rules] is unpausably always should involve in all parts and stages of a muslim's life'even if they are not experience shariah on a state level by a islamic ruler ruling with islamic state level rulings and guidelines' ex. individual stage[governing one own soul and nafs to the state of self discipline and purification-by finding the rulings and orders that Allah put in the kitaab and sunnah for helping us in this stage] a next stage is a husband's implementation of using islamic[alhakimiyyah[governances, rulings and orders from Quran and sunnah to present knowledge and a firm foundation tawhid to his own wife and kids and next the wife also recieved rulings and orders from islam on how she should govern over her husband's kids and properties[this is alhakimiyyah established on a people stage but specifically this is the muslim family example, but we have other muslim people stages and ex. like alhakimiyyah establish within a muslim residential community or a muslim organisation ex. an islamic schools or musjid societies' al hakimiyyah can all be establish on all these lower stages and it should be establish, cause in most cases there is no prevention of establish islamic governance in those area and stage and it does not matter if we live in a non muslim countries' as long as we use hikmah we can establish islamic governance[politics] on those lower stage levels

Qarnain

Sep 22, 2018 07:56

sorry islamisdeen, i meant in my comment above this one' "THAT EVEN THOUGH THIS MAY NOT BE A MECCAN SURAH"/ so NOT is the word that is missing from the above comment

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.