Ma sha Allaah, very nicely explained by our noble brother Khalid Green hafithahullah. I think it helps us to open our horizon for learning our deen, In sha Allaah.
Points that, brother explained:
1. Ulamah does not make Political policies. Even salafi scholars does not make policies in Saudi Arabia.
2. Ulamah encourage the sunnah of the prophet Muhammad salAllahu alayhe wa sallam. Not to cause fitnah, neither to rebel, nor they are policy makers.
3. Scholars do not loose but the people loose once they stay way from ulamah and leave them.
4. No one is infallible. Our job is not to defend anyone or any shaykh on their mistakes. Rather if they are wrong and you have ability and tools then you can look in the issue. If not, and other mashaikh have explained the mistake then you can simply say that I don't own that.
5. We measure Individuals because of the truth, not because of their nationality or status or race.
6. Take knowledge from anyone who adheres the book of Allaah, and the sunnah of the messenger of Allaah salAllaahu alayhe wa sallam (with authentic isnaad) and method of the salaf of the ummah. And if they are NOT known from making many mistakes in their da'wah then take from them.
7. Anything you learn from ulamah then compare it what Muhadith shaykh albaani, shaykh ibn baaz, shaykh uthaymeen, shaykh muqbil (rahimahumAllaah) taught.
Separating Politics From Our Scholars: Take knowledge from duat in West like who?
From Me: Keeping in mind that yes the ulamah mentioned above are kibaar and rabbaniyyeen but there are other ulamah and major muhaditheen as well not mentioned in this Like Muhadith Hafith Zubair Ali Zay rahimahullah.