who should relocate?

No Photo

who should relocate?

Sellah waingo43yrs Created Mar 7, 2018 16:56

If a couple meet online and decide to marry, where should they live , can the man move to the ladies country or city or should it be the other way round. What is the correct islam position ?(example a sister from london wants to marry a brother in new york) ? Who will relocate?


This topic has 4 comments

No Photo


Mar 8, 2018 15:22

Well in my personal opinion the best way to make a marriage happen is to marry someone who is living in same area, city, locality or same country, at least. For example, if one is living in Uk and other person is living in Canada or Saudi Arabia and they continue to talk and sometimes heart feelings develop in each other while they can not get together to form a contract of marriage then such thing is psychologically very upsetting and even not allowed in Islam. But if they think after initial correspondence they think that they both are good for each other then they should form the marriage contract through video and audio call:

أريد أن أعقد على فتاة وأبوها في بلد آخر ولا أستطيع الآن أن أسافر إليه لنجتمع جميعا لإجراء العقد وذلك لظروف مالية أو غيرها وأنا في بلاد الغربة فهل يجوز أن أتّصل بأبيها ويقول لي زوجتك ابنتي فلانة وأقول قبلت والفتاة راضية وهناك شاهدان مسلمان يسمعان كلامي وكلامه بمكبر الصوت عبر الهاتف ؟ وهل يعتبر هذا عقد نكاح شرعي ؟.
تم النشر بتاريخ: 2001-01-28
الحمد لله
لقد توجهت بهذا السؤال إلى سماحة شيخنا المفتي العلامة : عبد العزيز بن عبد الله بن باز فأجاب بأنّ ما ذُكر إذا كان صحيحا ( ولم يكن فيه تلاعب ) فإنه يحصل به المقصود من شروط عقد النّكاح الشّرعي ويصحّ العقد . والله تعالى أعلم .
سماحة الشيخ عبد العزيز بن باز يرحمه الله

I want to get married to a girl but her father is in another country, and at present I cannot travel there for us to be all together, because of financial and other circumstances. I am also in a foreign country. Is it permissible for me to phone her father so that he can say, “I offer you my daughter So and so in marriage,” and I can say, “I accept,” with the consent of the girl and in the presence of two Muslim witnesses who are listening to what he and I say by means of speakers attached to the phone? Would this be considered as a valid marriage contract according to sharee’ah?
Published Date: 2001-01-28

Praise be to Allaah.

I put this question to our Shaykh al-Mufti al-‘Allaamah ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz rahimahullah, who replied that if what is described is genuine (and there is no cheating involved), then it achieves the purpose of meeting the shar'i conditions of nikaah and the marriage contract is valid. And Allaah knows best.

Shaykh Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz rahimahullah.

So if someone really had the contract of marriage even if they are living abroad or in two different locations by the conditions as per shar'ai. Now they can choose to whatever country they want to live. Best place to live is a Muslim country. Because these days moving from one country to another country has become very hard for many of brothers and sisters in Islam. But people can decide for themselves with negotiations, and Allah knows the best.

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 8, 2018 23:20

I would prefer sisters and brothers to date and marry those who are nearer to them. Why go for a lady or man too far away? Islam does not burden a soul if you can get a spouse with qualities u want who is nearer i think its prefarable u go for him or her. Allah knows better

No Photo

Deleted User

Mar 23, 2018 22:34

Most middle eastern cultures the sister moves to where ever the guy lives. Islamically speaking you should move to wherever is better for your deen. And remember Hijrah doesnt end until Repentance ends snd repentance doesnt end until the sun rises from the west. So have the intention for hijrah


Jun 28, 2018 18:16

as the brother said above which way their is deen you go and also which way u propose boy to girl or girl to boy after deen u consider which place is best to look after the family ,food and,accomodation


Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.