Helahel

POLYGYNY(THE ISLAMIC POLYGAMY): PROS AND CONS.

No Photo

POLYGYNY(THE ISLAMIC POLYGAMY): PROS AND CONS.

Gentleman01 Created Dec 12, 2017 14:44
17 Comments

So much has been thought, said and done regarding the topic at hand. Nobody argues that it wasn't allowed or commanded by Allah (SWT). Nobody claims ignorance of the fact that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) and his companions (MABPWT) practised it. However, it is not meant for everybody. If you sense weaknesses in yourself towards it, then, smartly dodge it without belying it. If you are confident about it, genuinely pursue it. Seek Allah's assistance and you are done. You may do yourself a favour by studying the life of the Prophet (PBUH), his companions (MABPWT) and the pious predecessors (MAHMOT).
I think the major factors bedevilling polygamous homes are as follows :
(1) the husband : lack of knowledge, justice, boldness, sincerity and maturity.
(2) the co-wives : lack of knowledge, awareness, Islamic faith, smartness and selflessness.
(3) insincere relatives : lack of knowledge, fear of Allah, mutual human understanding, fore-sight and love of peace.
(4) hypocritical friends : envy/jealosy, insincerity, ignorance, immaturity and lack of faith.
(5) ill-trained children : lack of discipline, obedience, respect, knowledge and positive orientation.
I believe if these 5 x 5 attitudinal flaws are effectively handled, peace and happiness will reign in polygamous houses.
I am a product of a polygamous home that is more peaceful and United than some poorly-organised and unjustly-run monogamous houses. So, I rely on Allah and I don't fear anything.
I just felt I should share this view with brothers and sisters to reduce the negativity flying in the air. I am aware that many of us are more versed and familiar with the topic than myself. So, this is nothing but breaking the ice, to allow fellows to contribute.
Jazakumullahu khairan.

This topic has 19 comments

No Photo

islamisdeen

Dec 12, 2017 20:07

salamu alaikum brother, i think these days people are too much inclined towards dunya satisfaction. So mostly their desires and whims and thoughts takes precedence over what Allaah told us in Qur'an and authentic sunnah told us in sahih ahadeeth. May Allaah guide us towards correct path. I wouldn't bring the view of English speaking du'aat (in west) which takes 1 hr (more or less) in talking on any of the issue by bringing their own understanding and not seeing if fulan and fulan narrations have come in authentic sunnah and what is the istanaadi situation (validity of chain) of the narrations they may bring in front. Rather the best thing is to bring the ahlul ilm view in front. So i would day that:

Posted on April 21, 2015 by AbdurRahman.org
Polygyny (Having more than one Wife) for the Sake of Enjoyment? – Shaykh al-Albani rahimahullah

Scholar: Imâm Muhammad Nâsir-ud-Dîn al-Albânî rahimahullah
Source: Silsilat-ul-Hudâ wan-Nûr (521)
Reference: Darulhadith.com
Translation & video: aFatwa.com (site is down)

Questioner: As soon as a man receives more money, he thinks of polygyny. His purpose is not to build a family. His purpose is enjoyment.

Shaykh al-Albânî: That is good. That is good. That is good.

(the gathering and the shaykh laugh)

Question: Does he not fall into something?

al-Albânî: Do you want to say that he falls into Haram? His purpose is allowed and he does not fall into any prohibition. However, we order him to add a recommended factor to this allowed deed. We order him to increase the Ummah of Muhammad (sallâ Allâhu ‘alayhi wa sallam) so that he is rewarded more with his Lord when he raises his offspring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-W-g2UHF3A
Polygyny for the Sake of Enjoyment - Shaykh al-Albaani

No Photo

islamisdeen

Dec 12, 2017 20:20

بعض النساء يفضلن العادات الاجتماعية في أوروبا أو في الغرب عموماً، أو في البلاد غير الإسلامية، ويقلن في ذلك: إن تعدد الزوجة ممنوع، وهنا مثلاً في الحكم الشرعي يباح تعدد الزوجة، فما الحكم في إلصاق هذه التهمة في الإسلام؟

من كره تعدد الزوجات وزعم أن عدم التعدد هو أفضل هو كافر ومرتد عن الإسلام، لأنه -نعوذ بالله- منكر لحكم الله وكاره لما شرع الله؛ والله يقول سبحانه: ((ذلك بأنهم كرهوا ما أنزل الله فأحبط أعمالهم ))، من كره ما أنزل الله حبط عمله؛ فالذي يكره تعدد الزوجات ويرى أن الشريعة قد ظلمت؛ أو أن حكم الله في هذا ناقص أو مو طيب، أو أن ما يفعلونه في بلاد النصارى من الوحدة أن هذا أولى وأفضل ،هذا كله ردة على الإسلام -نعوذ بالله- كالذي يقول إن فرض الصلاة ما هو مناسب؛ لو ترك الناس بدون صلاة كان أحسن أو بدون صيام أحسن، أو بدون زكاة يكون أحسن؛ من قال هذا فهو كاف؛ من قال أن عدم الصلاة أولى أو عدم الصيام أولى أو عدم الزكاة أولى، أو عدم الحج أولى كان كافراً؛ وهكذا لو قال: لا بأس أن يحكم بغير الشريعة، يجوز، ولو قال حكم الشريعة أفضل، لكن إذا قال إن الحكم بغير ما أنزل الله جائز أو إنه حسن، كل هذا ردة عن الإسلام نعوذ بال؛ فالحاصل أن من كره ما أنزل الله وما شرعه الله فهو مرتد؛ وهكذا من أحب أو رضي بما حرم الله وقال إنه طيب وأنه مناسب كالزنا والسرقة يكون كافراً أيضاً، نسأل الله العافية.

من موقع الشيخ بن باز -رحمه الله-
https://www.sahab.net/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id=90167

No Photo

islamisdeen

Dec 12, 2017 20:27

The ‘Allaamah Shaykh ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn Baaz rahimullah was asked a Question:

Some women give preference to the societal norms of Europe or the west in general; or in the un-Islaamic lands, and they say: “Plural marriage is unlawful.” While we have here the legislative rule permitting polygamy. What is the ruling on leveling this (type of) charge against Al-Islaam.

Answer:
Whoever hates plural marriage or claims that not having plural marriage is better, then he is a Kaafir and an apostate from Al-Islaam. This is because he, and we seek refuge with Allaah, is a rejecter of the ruling of Allaah and hates that which Allaah has legislated. Allaah, Glorified be He, says:

ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ كَرِهُوا مَا أَنزَلَ اللَّـهُ فَأَحْبَطَ أَعْمَالَهُمْ

“That is because they hate that which Allaah has sent down (this Qur'aan and Islaamic laws, etc.), so He has made their deeds fruitless.” (Muhammad 47:9)

Whoever dislikes that which Allaah has sent down then his deeds are fruitless. So whoever dislikes plural marriage or holds that the Sharee’ah has been oppressive; or that the Ruling of Allaah regarding this is deficient or not good; or that that which they do within the lands of the Christians from monogamous marriage is better and more befitting, then all of this constitutes apostasy from Al-Islaam, and we seek refuge with Allaah; just as the one who says that the obligation of Salat is not appropriate. (Saying for example): “If the people where to be left without (having to offer) Salat, this would be better; or without having to fast, this would be better; or without having to pay Zakat, this would be better.” Whoever says this, then he is a Kaafir. Likewise, whoever says that not praying is more befitting; or not fasting is more befitting; or not paying Zakat is more befitting; or not making Hajj is more proper; (whoever says this) then he is a Kaafir. Likewise, if one were to say: “There is nothing wrong with ruling by other than the Sharee’ah; it is permissible.” Even if he says that ruling by the Sharee’ah is better, but he says that ruling by other than that which Allaah has sent down is permissible or it is good, all of this constitutes apostasy from Al-Islaam, and we seek refuge with Allaah.

The gist of the matter is, that whoever dislikes that which Allaah has sent down and that which Allaah has legislated then he is an apostate. Likewise, whoever loves or is pleased with that which Allaah has prohibited and says that it is good and that it is appropriate; such as fornication and stealing, then he is a Kaafir as well; and we ask Allaah for safety.

Translated by Raha ibn Donald Batts rahimaullah
http://www.sahab.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=90167

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Whh3742HDQ
The Ruling On Disliking Polygamy - The 'Allaamah Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn Baaz rahimahullah

No Photo

FeminineHeart

Dec 12, 2017 22:33

Polygamy is a personal choice, it should not be banned nor forced. It merely depends on someone's circumstances. Some men have the capacity to have more than one wife, and some women would accept a co-wife for her own personal reasons. Therefore, a man has the right to marry another wife, but also, a woman has the right to reject a co-wife.

No Photo

islamisdeen

Dec 13, 2017 05:07

You can see the above fatwa from shaykh ibn baaz rahimahullah about Polygyny. No Muslim say it should be banned or forced on people but i think using the word 'reject' is not the right word for it. If some woman don't wanna be in a Polygyny then its her right, no doubt in that. But saying she reject it or if some man say he reject the Polygyny then they should fear Allaah because it can fall under the kufr.

One can say that I do agree Allaah subhanhu wa ta'lah has made Polygyny halaal and he has made Monogamy halaal too so i choose Monogamy for me, for now. May be later on Allaah open my heart towards Polygyny etc. These are the better words.

wallahu a'alam.

No Photo

FeminineHeart

Dec 13, 2017 13:56

You are probably right, but if you notice, I didn't say reject polygamy, I said reject a co-wife. Which means that she doesn't accept a co-wife, but it's not necessarily mean that she reject ruling of polygamy. And Allah knows best.

No Photo

Gentleman01

Dec 13, 2017 14:50

.جزاكم الله خيرا، و زاد كم الله العلم والفهم والتقوى
.نسأل الله أن ينفعنا بما تعلمنا و يبارك فينا و لنا و علينا
.شكرا جزيلا
May Allah reward you abundantly. May He increase you in knowledge, understanding and righteousness.
We ask Allah to let us benefit from what we learned.
Thank you very much.

No Photo

Gentleman01

Dec 13, 2017 14:54

May Allah bless all of us. May we all be successful in our lives here and and in the hereafter.

No Photo

islamisdeen

Dec 13, 2017 20:47

FeminineHeart,

sister, as the days and months and years and decades are passing the Islamic understanding and knowledge of deen is becoming lesser and lesser in people heart and mind. That is why we should stick to Qur'an and authentic Sunnah understanding with the correct wording very strictly so that these correct views can be passed on to new generation or generation to come. That is how sahaba passed the ilm to tabaen and tabaen passed the ilm to taba at-tabaen.

I hope you understood what i am trying to say, In sha Allaah.

No Photo

islamisdeen

Dec 13, 2017 20:48

Gentleman01,

brother, may Allaah reward you for bringing this issue in front. And may Allaah reward and bless the ulamah-e-haq that have worked hard on Qur'an and authentic Sunnah to bring the knowledge of Deen for us, ameen.

No Photo

Ayeshahnaz

Dec 13, 2017 22:17

Jzakallah

No Photo

Gentleman01

Dec 15, 2017 09:45

Ameen thumma ameen. Jazakumullahu khaira.

No Photo

islamisdeen

Dec 15, 2017 16:05

wa 'iyyakum

No Photo

islamisdeen

Jan 2, 2018 14:32

Scholar: ´Allâmah Sâlih bin Fawzân al-Fawzân
Source: http://alfawzan.ws/node/7394

Question: The wife hates that her husband should marry with another woman even though she knows that Allâh has prescribed it and allowed it. Is she now considered to hate something Allâh has prescribed?

Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzân hafithahullah: This question has been posed several times. It is a natural hate, not a religious such. She is not hating that which Allâh has revealed. She is a believer and a Muslim. This is part of the female jealousy. This is the jealousy among the women. It is only part of the natural hate. It is not a hate towards that which Allâh has prescribed. It is only a hate towards the co-wife.

No Photo

islamisdeen

Jan 2, 2018 14:44

But if someone has a knowledge and yet they hate the plural marriage then remember the view of shaykh Abdul Azeez ibn Baz rahimahullah.

The ‘Allaamah Shaykh ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn Baaz rahimullah was asked a Question:

Some women give preference to the societal norms of Europe or the west in general; or in the un-Islaamic lands, and they say: “Plural marriage is unlawful.” While we have here the legislative rule permitting polygamy. What is the ruling on leveling this (type of) charge against Al-Islaam.

Answer:
Whoever hates plural marriage or claims that not having plural marriage is better, then he is a Kaafir and an apostate from Al-Islaam. This is because he, and we seek refuge with Allaah, is a rejecter of the ruling of Allaah and hates that which Allaah has legislated. Allaah, Glorified be He, says:

ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ كَرِهُوا مَا أَنزَلَ اللَّـهُ فَأَحْبَطَ أَعْمَالَهُمْ

“That is because they hate that which Allaah has sent down (this Qur'aan and Islaamic laws, etc.), so He has made their deeds fruitless.” (Muhammad 47:9).."

Translated by Raha ibn Donald Batts rahimaullah
http://www.sahab.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=90167

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Whh3742HDQ
The Ruling On Disliking Polygamy - The 'Allaamah Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn Baaz rahimahullah

But if someone, or some sister is just having a certain kind of Jealously for it then, In sha Allah, that wouldn't make her disbeliever. But it is true that usually sisters wouldn't like that polygny at all. So they should have this awareness that to use the proper words. Like they can say we know that Polygny is part of Islam and we accept it being a part of Islam. But for now i want to be wife of my husband. Maybe, In sha Allah, in future i would not mind that my husband marry more than one wife, if he can have justice in between his wives.

So we should bring the awareness in people rather than going for strict fatwah of ulamah. This awareness can, In sha Allah, help the people to change their thinking towards right way of Islam.

wallahu a'alam.

No Photo

islamisdeen

Jan 5, 2018 17:46

Brother, shahdil, may Allaah reward you with good for writing what you have wrote.

I think if sisters are not accepting such proposals or they chose to stop talkin to the person who actually want polygny marriage. We can not say their action is against to sharia. Because it is their right to do that. And i am sure you would already agree with me.

The problem is when money torn apart people to rationally think about Islam and when it has easily come in people hands, men or women, that has made them going against to Islam easily or even deny some part of Islam, astaghfirullah. Because they think money, power, fame can do everything whatever desires, whims, thoughts they hold in mind and head.

So unless and until we bring the real understanding, about principle of Qur'an and authentic sunnah, both in men and women, on do the da'wah on continuous level, the real change of heart and mind is not easy.

Today even properly praying 5 times a day on time has become hard/impossible for many of brothers and sisters in Islam, (except upon whom Allaah has His mercy) let alone talkin about polygny marriage which is mubah.

Many a times if a woman get married, had kids, and if her husband passes away, and now she needs a husband, like you explained.. but sadly she is 'STILL A SUPER PICKY', so even then she want is a husband who can bring luxurious life style for her and earn a great deal of income.

But we can only pray to Allaah subhanahu wa ta'alah that may He guide us on right track of Islam and may He help us to understand our deen, ameen.

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 4, 2018 02:50

That last post brother was strange

No Photo

Deleted User

Apr 4, 2018 05:10

@ Orange Blossom: the last post from brother is absolutely right, now women are demanding for luxury and wealth, also I have noticed if women is good, her relatives and friends tell her for money and demands, people are making Islam difficult they want Islam of their own choice, whatever they like, accept it, what dont like dont accept it. Polygamy is allowed in Islam because of a very big reasons and to understand that we have to consider its facts:

1. To support. protect, care, love woman, widow, divorced, not getting married (main cause of Polygamy is for such women). It is clearly mentioned so that women dont go towards sin and they get protection.

2. Man, to protect himself from sin, it is the nature of every male in the universe you see in plants, in animals or in humans, male have the dominating and abundance nature, no one in universe can deny that, male always always need more, this I am talking scientifically, male is made in nature in such a way that it can support more, it is his genetics, it is his soul, it is his structure that demands it. Now if man is made in such a way and he doesnot completely fulfil his nature, what he will do ? he will be attracted towards sin. So Islam gave the better way to get married more than one wife.

3. To balance the society, this is bright fact that there are more women in the world than men, reason is men die more than women, because of multiple situations in the world and to balance that number of male to female ratio, it is allowed for men to get married till 4.

4. Increase of muslim generation. Now with 1 wife 1 man cannot much grow the muslim generation also if he wants but 1 wife is not able to give more children, of course her health also more important as man and she is not a machine or robot to just give children, so more wife, more children. healthy wife, healthy family

5. Moral respect, if a man is supporting more than one wife, he himself feel confident and strong within himself, in his family, in the society.

6. RESPONSIBILITY: Last but most important is the responsibility of a man without which this whole structure to marry more than 1 wife is weak and sometime destroy according to Islamic rules and regulations. This is EVERYTHING equal, justice, care, protection, love, sincerity between all wives, and this is the big responsibility for a man to keep all wives equal and fulfil their needs

I hope I tried to explain few things about this matter of Islam, though matters of Islam are huge and vast and I cannot explain this one matter in detail, because of my small knowledge, but still there are big positive things as well which other people may know more than me. If I said anything wrong or mistake, kindly correct me.

Regards,

Muhammad Bilal

ali_farahani92

Apr 15, 2018 10:47

oh yeah

Leave comment...

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in or register.